abby's blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

So soon...

There's a saying - the sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up! Ha! And that's me on my blog. Being on vacation puts my blogging on slow mode but I'm here and ready to fill you in on what's been going on. Since we got home last weekend, I didn't even have much time to relax before Mommy was telling me that we were going on another trip. I'd go around the house telling her and Daddy that I was ready to "go to Birmingham and see the Doctor and go to the swimming pool!" Yep, we were off to a special Doc's appointment for my poop troubles. Tuesday morning, right after giving Daddy a super big kiss goodbye, we drove to Birmingham and checked into our hotel (with a nice warm indoor heated pool - yea! Thanks, Daddy!). I got to watch President Obama's inauguration in a comfy sofa chair while eating some McDonalds...he might be the 44th President but I was the one eating 44 french fries, ha! Then there was a knock at the door - Aunt Kelly! She lives in B'ham and was going to spend the day with us. So me, Mommy and Aunt Kelly headed to the Doc's office. Dr. King was super nice. He told Mommy that he thought my troubles were one of three things - normal constipation, Celiac disease or a digestive tract problem. So, we answered tons of questions, had blood drawn (which I did not like), and will be going back in March for the rest of the tests to make sure it's not digestive tract problems. For now I'm just on a dietary fiber supplement and hopefully by April, things will be smooth sailing! Right after the Doc's office we headed back to Aunt Kelly's apartment where Papa Doc and Gramercy were! They were in town visiting Aunt Kelly too so we all got to go out to eat. And you know the best thing the restaurant had? Ice cream before I even ordered dinner, yum! And Mommy said that was super fine with her because while waiting at the Doc's office I got sick (I know, of all places to get sick, huh?) I started running a temperature and fever and they stayed with me all night. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and Aunt Kelly stayed around for a slumber party! It was super fun even though I only remember about the first part of it! Ha! (I zonked out early!!!!)

By the time I woke up in the morning, Aunt Kelly was gone and Mommy told me my fever was gone so it was time to go swimming! In the swimming pool! I love swimming but especially I love the part where I get to jump off the side of the pool and make a big splash!!! After my shower, Aunt Kelly came back over and we went shopping...for a Flower Girl dress!!!!!! I kept saying "it's mine, it's mine" while I was trying on the pretty dress. I can't wait for Aunt Kelly's wedding. After dress shopping we said goodbye to B'ham and headed back home. Me and Mommy made a pit stop lunch in Prattville and then a swing by Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's house to say hello. When we finally got home, Daddy arrived a few minutes later and I had the best time hanging out with him! He hung out with me, gave me a great bath and put me to bed after a great bed time story.

This morning I'm going to head back to school with Ms. Amanda and Ms. Kathryn. I've been skipping school a lot lately for my big vacation and trips but today I can't wait to see those two teachers and all of my friends! Bye bye for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Wallaces said...

A "flower" of a flower girl! You will be so sassy and pretty at the altar...now remember, you cannot overshine the bride! Aunt Kelly would not like that!

January 28, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home