abby's blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cleanin' up while I'm cleanin' out

Today was definitely an "out with the old, in with the new" kind of day around our house. Although last night was a late one, I was back up at my normal time. And by back up, I mean awake but cranky as all get out! So, Daddy and Mommy tried to keep my occupied to get my mind of being cranky. We read books, watched some Sesame Street and even came up with new things to do in the bath tub...thanks to Nana and Papa, now I can even draw while bathing! I wasn't sure at first but in a couple of minutes I got the hang of my bath time crayons! Cool! Then I got dressed in my Snowman shirt and we all headed to Meemaw's to wish her a Happy New Year. Ra Ra was there with her and while I was there, I, um, cleaned myself out a bit! Ha ha! And I've been doing that all day long - no constipation troubles today for sure! (In fact, I've been going so much that I've been getting lots of extra glasses of juice and water to keep me hydrated!) When we got home from Meemaw's I headed to my bedroom for a rock star nap. I'm still just a "one a day" napper and it's usually 2 hours - today was no different, from 11 AM to 1 PM. When I woke up, Daddy reminded us that we haven't had lunch! So I ate some yummy chicken and carrots - mmmmm! Then I watched as all of our Christmas decorations got packed and boxed up. I tried to get a few ornaments to stay around for the year but I was told no. So, I decided to go play with some of the things that will be staying around - my new Christmas presents. I sat in my room with my kitchen and food for about an hour having the best time. I'd even run down to the den and ask Daddy if he wanted me to make him something to eat! Today was a great way to start the new year and I'm super excited about 2009! Aren't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home