Home...and more home...for the holidays
I know, I know - you thought I'd gone and given up my blogger diary since I was so tired after my big Christmas day celebration, huh? Nope, I'm still here...and there...and a bit of everywhere! After a great night's sleep Thursday night, I woke up on Friday to find Mommy packing...we were heading to the beach! Daddy got me bathed and dressed while Mommy finished the packing for our trip. Mommy and I headed to Sandestin to go say Merry Christmas to Gramercy, Papa Doc, Aunt Kelly, Aunt Robyn, L.C., Molly and Marley. When we got there, we headed straight to Gramercy and Papa Doc's new house where Gramercy was waiting for us - that's where me and Mommy slept since the condo was full of those fiesty Wallace animals....the dogs and cat that is, ha ha! After checking out the new digs, Papa Doc came over and we celebrated their "Happy Housewarming" with them. Then it was off to Crab Trap and the beach! Finally I took a quick snoozer before it was back to the condo for another party - Papa Doc's birthday dinner party! He loved the presents...and I loved the cake - well, the icing at least!! Saturday it was a girl's day of shopping and Pompano Joe lunching and then a pool play date with Aunt Robyn and Aunt Kelly. (Sorry - no pool pictures of Mommy even though she looked spectacular - right AK and AR? Ha ha!) Then we headed back for a pizza night at the condo. And it was a great night since I don't think I've ever heard that group laugh so loud - and the stories I heard...Aunt Robyn and Aunt Kelly told Mommy that they can't wait to tell me some more stories about Mommy when I get older...and Papa Doc and Gramercy said they'll join in on that too! Ha! On Sunday we went to church and I loved it! I got to sit in the sanctuary and hear all of the band and choir - they were great! And I even thought the sermon was great - 2009 is gonna be a great year, right? After church we were off to the Donut Hole and then a nap...before my big afternoon walk-a-bout with Papa Doc and Gramercy...bookstore, anyone? We finally all gathered together for dinner at The Red Bar. Enough said. (Wink, wink). This morning I hung out with Gramercy and played and played while everyone else went Zumba'ing and Belly Dancing (no kidding)! Then we all gathered for one last time at the Back Porch. What a great way to end what was already a wonderful week of Christmas celebrations!

Mommy and I got home a couple of hours ago and we waited for Daddy to hurry up and get home for a big special night we had planned. Guess what today is? Meemaw's 89th Birthday!!!!! Happy Birthday, Meemaw! What a great day! I love love love Meemaw and I was so excited to go over to her house tonight and give her lots of love...and presents...ha! And maybe, just maybe, I snuck a cookie or two out of her house! Ha ha! Happy Birthday Meemaw - I love you! Hugs and Kisses!!!!!






1 Comments:
Wow...the celebration kept on going....Thanks you for the housewarming,Abby...handpainted-by-Abby wine glasses and wine to go with it....and tools for Papa Doc! Papa Doc was really surprised by your cake and birthday gift too! You can visit any time bearing gifts! We love it! see you soon, Honey..on our turf..and Happy Birthday to Meemaw too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home