abby's blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008


'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through our house,
Not a person was sleeping, not even our pet mouse (just kidding!);
The stockings were hung by the chimney just dandy,
In hopes that they'll soon be filled with candy;
Mommy spent the morning cooking some food,
While Daddy and I played and napped real good;
Then me in my blue jeans and Daddy in his too
Told Mommy to hurry up because there's things to do;
When out in the driveway there arose such a clatter,
It was me pushing the 4Runner panic button (again!) nothing was really the matter.
But out the door Daddy ran like the Tide,
Then turned and looked at me, his mouth grinning wide.
With presents filling the car I just stood there in awe,
Then it was time to head to Meemaw's.
When, what to my wandering eyes should appear,
But a driveway of cars and a house full of cheer.
The entire family there, aunts and uncles, cousins too,
I knew in a moment we're like a big crazy zoo (ha!).
More rapid than eagles we ate - a feast it became,
Then we whistled and shouted and opened presents by name;
"Here Mommy, Daddy, Nana and Papa!
On RaRa, Aunt Carol, Uncle Rickey, and Meemaw!
(....and Uncle A, Uncle Andy, Aunt Vicki, Uncle John, Cousin Logan, Aunt Heather, Uncle Willie, Cousin Whitney, Cousin Khloe, Aunt Shannan, Uncle Joe, and Cousin Avery!)
To the bottom of the tree where the presents unfold,
for the 4 Fulford generations it was a sight to behold.
As the rain threatened the skies we opened in a flurry
For most of us kiddos wanted our naps in a hurry.
So back to our homes we staggered and walked
And I lay in my bed and laughed and talked.
And then, in a twinkling I got up and got dressed
for family communion at our church, where we all are so blessed.
As we drove down the road I thought I heard a sound,
of Santa's reindeer flying over town.
I can imagine him now with AB and with Spud,
led by our main man Rudolph, he's really a stud!
With a bundle of presents for girls and boys
He'll have a sack like a peddler full of fun toys.
His eyes - how they'll twinkle! His dimpled how merry!
His cheeks will be like roses, his nose like a cherry!
My little pink mouth is all drawn in a smile,
For you can't beat this season - not by a mile!
I'll eat till I have a little round belly,
And it'll shake when I giggle, like a bowl full of gogurt (thought I was gonna say jelly didn't you?)!
I'll love and remember old Santa and my elf (a.k.a. AB)
And I'll laugh when I think of them, in spite of myself;
So with a wink of Mommy's eye and a twist of Daddy's head,
I know the end of this year is nothing to dread.
We love the Christmas spirit, it's the best time of earth,
For giving thanks to God for his baby boy's birth.
Much love to you all during a time that's so bright
And "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home