abby's blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

WELCOME 2009

It's here...the new year! I can't believe that it's here. At the stroke of midnight we left 2008 in the dust and started 2009. After a super-duper-yummy-dairy-free dinner at home, Daddy told me and Mommy to sit outside for a special New Year's Eve surprise! Fireworks!!!! They were so big and so beautiful. I liked the colors (pink, blue, purple, orange, etc.) and the sparkles, but I did not like one bit seeing Daddy light the fuse. Every time he got near the firework fuses with his lighter I got super scared for him and started to cry. But then when I saw the fireworks in the sky I said, "Ooooh, Daddy I want to see more!"



After fireworks we celebrated the night with one of my favorite past times - SEC football! Who needs a large crystal lit ball in NYC when you have a small brown football in ATL? Ha ha! I have now finally decided to call it a night! But before I leave you guys, I wanted to share with you some resolutions I have made for 2009. I hope every one has as great a year as I plan to!!! Happy New Year!

***My New Year's Resolutions***

1. I will not make Mommy and Daddy change 3,119 diapers this year (like the did in 2008)!
2. I will learn to say "Yes, Mommy, yes!" rather than "No, Mommy, no!"
3. I will share...I will share...I will share...I will share...
4. I will conquer potty problems and potty training!
5. I will remember daily that I'm not allowed to touch light switches or coasters!
6. I will not forget how to have fun!
7. I will give Mommy and Daddy kisses every day.
8. I will continue to dance in circles because that's what makes me happy!
9. I will read one book before bedtime - ONE, not TEN or TWENTY.
10. I will learn to say "Sic em Bears" just as loud as I say "Roll Ride"!
11. I will find where Mommy hid my baby Christmas tree and show her it's not just a December decoration.
12. I will learn to count to 10 with more people than just Mommy.
13. I will remember that the letter "A" is not the letter "C".
14. I will continue to love road trips...even during Daddy's driving.
15. I will learn my meal time blessing by heart and say it proudly at the table. (Instead of just saying "Great, good, food, Amen!")
16. I will not immediately clean up the flowers after throwing them out as my Flower Girl duty.
17. I will remember not to get into Daddy's secret Lazy Boy drawer and hide his credit cards from him.

18. I will learn how to "Wii bowl" on my own.
19. I will make Mommy and Daddy let me drive the monkey car instead of just watching the two of them race each other!
20. I will do whatever I can not to get Hand, Foot and Mouth disease like last year.
21. I won't break Mommy's new cell phone.
22. I won't drop Mommy's new cell phone into water.
23. I won't erase all of the contacts on Mommy's new cell phone.
24. I will help Daddy straighten up Mommy.
25. I will help Mommy straighten up Daddy.
26. I will remember that bedtime is 8 PM.
27. I will spend at least 2 days each week during the summer jumping into swimming pools....and off of diving boards.
28. I will continue to scream, I mean sing, at the top of my lungs during my favorite songs!
29. I will learn the Woobly Whoopsy!
30. I will not make Daddy think while on vacation.
31. I will not let Mommy help me make any more lists since she seems to put more stuff on the lists than I/we can accomplish!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! XOXOXO, Abby Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home