No napping here!
Well, Mommy just thought I wanted to nap a little while ago (check out my earlier post from today) but I sure showed her! After a few minutes of talking in my bed, I let her know that I wasn't as exhausted as she thought I was! So, she decided it was time to make a sunny afternoon even sunnier and we headed to Ms. Carolyn's pool. Mr. Jackie was mowing the grass and Ms. Janet and the four grandkids were at the Fun Factory, so the three of us girls (me, Mommy and Ms. Carolyn) decided we'd do a bit of sun bathing! After a few minutes of floating in my blue float, I wanted to get out. I walked right over to my swimmies and tried to start blowing them up. Mommy helped me out and about 3 minutes later, I shocked Mommy by swimming all by myself! Then I started jumping off the steps into the pool! Mommy got a video of me doing it at the beginning. I'd jump off the steps toward Mommy, and then swim around to the steps again with Ms. Carolyn's help. After a few times of doing that, I became a pro and didn't need Mommy or Ms. Carolyn's help! I'd swim to the steps, crawl up to the "low dive" (the 2nd step down) and then jump off the side! I'd swim over to Ms. Carolyn and give her a kiss and then swim to Mommy who was sitting on the steps. It was so much fun - I did it for about 30 minutes straight (Mommy says that's NOT an exaggeration!). Then I ventured out a bit more and started swimming in the pool all by myself with my Strawberry Shortcake floaties on. I was such a big girl today and Mommy said she was so proud of me! I've been jumping in for a while now, and I love being tossed from person to person, but doing all of this on my own was a really big deal for me today! It's the first time I've actually swam by myself! I can't wait to tell Daddy all about it tonight...but I think now I am going to go catch that nap we talked about earlier! Ha ha!


3 Comments:
Abby this is the cutest video ever. And I loved how you said YES at the end. So adorable!!!!
Kim B
How precious! Alex and I are sitting here together checking out what's going on with you and Abby. When he heard your voice on the video he looked at me and smiled. I reminded him that it was you and he just giggled. I think you have a new best buddy!
Too cute!!! But I would have dropped the camera in the water...ha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home