abby's blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Fantastic Firecracker of a Weekend!

THURSDAY, JULY 3rd, 2008
Dear Diary,
Wowzers was this an awesome day or what! This morning started off with Mommy telling me that she was going to check me out of school early for us to go on a weekend road trip. She wouldn't tell me where, but said some people a few hours away have been anxiously waiting our arrival for about a month now! School as cool because we got to eat pizza, ice pops and red/blue/white star shaped marshmallows, yummy! When Mommy came to check me out, I was exhausted so I told her I'd just sleep a bit on the trip...and I slept almost the entire way (although popping up wide awake when I found out Durbin Farms was on our pit stop list - the world's best homemade ice cream is in Clanton if you didn't know!). But I didn't find out our final destination until we pulled into Gadsden! We were going to stay the weekend at Grams' house! Just us girls - me, Mommy, Grams and Aunt Lynne! What fun! But then Mommy told me about a quick pit stop we were making for dinner at Chili's (where I ate chicken, what else?). We met Ms. Rhonda there - she's one of Mommy's friends that she's known since she was 10 years old! And Ms. Rhonda's daughters, Baleigh and Sydney, were there too! I haven't seen them since August of last year and I love them! After dinner we all went walking - seriously, us girls told our Mommies to get their act in gear and we just kind of took off without them! We walked to the coolest walk through water fountain! We all got soaked, and had a blast! We said goodbye and headed over to Grams' house where everyone was waiting up for me! Grams loved all over me - and gave me some strawberries for dessert, yummy! She knew exactly how to make me welcome, didn't she? After getting about an hour's worth of loving, we all called it a night and I slept...although I refused to sleep in my bed and crashed Mommy's instead! It was our very own PJ party in Big Al's old room - and we think he would have loved all of our laughing and giggling we did almost all night long!




FRIDAY, JULY 4th, 2008
Dear Diary,
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! Today's was another awesome day! I slept in super late (Mommy says because my giggling literally lasted almost all night until I finally crashed around 2 AM!) and when I woke up, I went straight down the hallway to Grams' room! She was so super excited to see me again! Ms. Malinda was there helping Grams get dressed and we all went into the kitchen for breakfast. Which apparently I wanted nothing to do with until Aunt Lynne suggested to Mommy I have some ham. That did it! I'm addicted now! I love ham in the morning! Mommy says we'll have to go to the library this week and check out a book called "Green Eggs and Ham" - how funny! After breakfast with Grams, I played my heart out for all of thirty minutes (mostly running after cats and banging on the windows at dogs!) before I about crashed again...this time in my own bed! I was zonked and didn't move until almost noon. Which, Mommy told me, made us late for a very important date! But, we packed up and headed to go visit Mommy's friend, Ms. Jana. Mommy's also known her for a very long time and Mommy said if I keep saying how long she's known people, it'll tell her age so I'm just gonna say they're old - ha ha ha! (Just kidding, Ms. Jana!) Ms. Jana is Baby Alex's Mommy. And he is soooo totally cute. Mommy said pictures don't do him justice. He is such a cuddle bug and Mommy loved it! I liked playing "night night" in his room and crib, giving him his pacifier, sharing Pringles with Ms. Jana, playing with "golf tees" (Note to Babysitting Club: Ms. Jana and Mr. Chad are NOT allowed to join, ha ha!), and exploring their house. I also liked making silly faces with Mr. Chad - cause I think he was going to get me have my way with a juice box until Mommy said no. When we finally left their house, we headed back to Grams'. Grams loved my flag dress that we got especially for July 4th. She said it made me look more adorable than any baby she's ever seen - I told her I'd take that! We had our All American July 4th dinner (even though Grams said her bed makes her not American - ha ha - goofy Grams!) of hot dogs and potato salad, yummy!!! We played some more - I liked throwing the ball to Grams! Then it was bath time and bed time. I went to sleep again in my own bed but me and Mommy were both awake all night with all of the fireworks going off! And Mommy said I was such a big girl because they didn't scare me a bit! What a cool night!




SATURDAY, JULY 5th, 2008
Dear Diary,
Oh my goodness! I'm so exhausted from what we did today that I don't even know if I can finish this before falling asleep! This morning I woke up around 6 AM and went in and got Grams up - 'course, she already was awake and we talked and talked. We very quickly ate breakfast, read some books, looked at pictures, talked some more and then took our morning naps because we had a super cool place to be at 11 AM. When I got up from my nap, Ms. Anne was getting Grams dressed and Mommy told me I have to put on my bathing suit for this trip! The four of us set off while Aunt Lynne got ready for our big dinner party. Us gals headed to Mickey D's for a quick drive through lunch...then we arrived at Lil Water Park. We ate our picnic lunch on the tables and then waited for Ms. Olivia and Dantez to show up. When they did, they had a cool present for me - Strawberry Shortcake swim floaties! And I sure needed them for all the fun swimming I ended up doing...that place was sooo cool! There was a walking pool with mushroom water falls, a wave pool, and some super cool water slides. I was 100% ready to walk up to the top of the slides and then 100% ready to scream "NO NO NO" about going down them until Mommy and Ms. Olivia made them fun....kind of, ha ha! Eventually I got the hang of the place and we had a blast for almost two hours. When me and Grams were tired, we decided to call it a day - and I was happy with my Grams and my Cheese Puffs, ha! By the time we got home, we all snoozed for a bit and then got dressed up for our dinner party with Ms. Peggy! She was sooo cute and I had a blast! We ate salmon (which I loved!), baked potatoes, Greek salad and rolls...but my favorite part was brought my Ms. Peggy - the strawberry pie! Yum! Grams must have told her how to become my new best friend, ha ha! We sure will be sad and miss Ms. Peggy when she moves to her daughter's. And as much fun as I was having, I left the dinner party a bit early to go grab a quick bath and then we all said our goodnights and I went to sleep...in my own bed, again!




SUNDAY, JULY 6th, 2008
Dear Diary,
Mommy says I can't tell you about today unless I start off by telling you I've been awake since 4 AM. Literally. I was jazzed and ready to go. And Mommy did NOT let me go wake up Grams that early...and I got really ticked at 4:30 because I heard Grams' bell but Mommy said she was just getting up to go potty and then back to sleep. So me and Mommy went for an early morning walk - which we did while I was in her arms. After Mommy said she was about to pass out, we came home, ha ha! Aunt Lynne was awake and we talked and talked - and then Grams was awake! We had breakfast again together ... I had strawberry pie and ham! And then about an hour later I had an apple pancake and they are soooscrumpcious! Finally I wanted to nap...which I did from 8:15 to 10:15...then me and Grams hung out in the kitchen together while Mommy packed. I was not happy to be leaving. I could tell something was going on so I started to act out with my "terrible two" tantrums - and yes, I sit on the floor, then lie on my back and kick and scream. Mommy said if anyone has any suggestions - pass them along! I say just give me what I want and we won't have a problem...but Ms. Malinda said Mommy was doing the right thing. (I wanted to throw Grams' brush in the trash can and Mommy said I wasn't allowed to. She took the brush away and I threw a fit. Mommy wants everyone to know I never got the brush back. She said it didn't hurt me not to have the brush but I figure let her win this battle, I've got lots more up my sleeves!) Eventually I was back to my nice old self and Aunt Lynne gave me two super cool presents - my very own silver cell phone AND a super cool swimming pool! Both made me very excited so I was happy when we packed up the car and started to say our goodbyes. I was sad to leave but I had a GREAT trip and they know how much I love them! They were so happy that me and Mommy came to visit! Grams even wanted Daddy to transfer to a law firm in Gadsden so she could see me almost every day! Ha! But we headed home...and I slept almost the entire way! Now we're home, we've eaten dinner and we're waiting on Daddy to come home from church. What a great holiday weekend!



1 Comments:

Blogger Chad, Jana, Alex, and Jorja said...

Barbara and Abby,
Thanks for the visit this past Friday! Alex and I had a blast. Abby, you are precious and I loved playing and sharing your pringles with you. Barbara, you made our weekend so special by visiting! We can't wait until the next time we get together!
See you soon!
Jana and Alex

July 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home