abby's blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

Playing is hard work!

What a day, what a day! It started out with me and Mommy running a couple of errands (we picked up my new lunchbox for school - woo hoo!). But the best errand was heading to the hospital to see Mr. Bryan and Ms. Kristina. They had their baby on Thursday! Little David Bryan Peacock is sooooo cute! Mommy held onto him forever but for a few minutes she let me crawl up onto her lap and help her hold him. Mommy said it was too cute because I kept holding him saying "Oh, it's ok baby. I love you. It's ok." Then I decided enough with the baby and began to play with his older brother - Dawson! We played golf in the hospital...yep, golf! Ha ha! When we finally got home, I zonked out for a quick nap before we had to get up and dressed for playgroup! This summer has been crazy and we've missed almost every single playgroup because we've either been out of town, sick, busy or just too tired! So, today we were definitely going..in fact, we were leaving early - until Mommy opened the back door and meet a 4 foot snake trying to get into our back door! Yikes! At first Mommy thought it was her funny fake snake until she saw it move!!!! We slammed the door and started beating on it as hard as we could! Through the peephole, Mommy watched the snake slither over to her swing in the carport and crawl up there. That's when we made our break for the car. We both jumped into the front seat and then Mommy had me crawl into the back to get buckled in - the whole time she had one eye on our new, um, friend!!!! By the time we got to playgroup, I was super excited because we were meeting at the Fun Factory. I love that place. There's a big soft play crawl area with a princess castle and pirate boat too! And then there "Ballocity!" I climbed up to the very top and even got in a huge ball war with the ball guns! Super fun! After playing, we all decided to continue the night with dinner and guess who joined us - Daddy! It was me, Daddy, Mommy, Mr. Bill, Ms. Katherine, CIO, Ms. Alex, Mr. Aaron, Carys and Kismet. (We missed Ms. Katie, Ellie and AM who didn't make it to dinner because those girls were ready for some serious relaxing time at home before Mr. Brandon comes home tomorrow!) We all had a great time!


After dinner, I caught a ride home with Daddy to make sure the snake was gone while Mommy headed off to do some grocery shopping. I think that I'm about to call it a night...hope everyone had as much fun today as I did!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home