abby's blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

NOTE FROM MOMMY

Hey, hey - it's Barbara (a.k.a. Mommy)! I just wanted to take the time to write a quick note, on Abby's behalf of course (ha ha!) and let you know what's going on. Thursday was her last day of summer school and after the water party in the school's playground, she and I headed down to my parent's condo in Sandestin. Next week Eric will be working at his office and the courthouse while I am taking the youth group to MFUGE....needless to say, we couldn't have Abby at either place so my parents said they would more than gladly keep her for this time! (Thanks again guys - this upcoming week wouldn't be possible without you two and your continuous generosity!) Anyhoo, I decided to take a mini-vacay and stay down there with Abbers until this afternoon. And let me tell you, if the past two days was any indication of what fun will be had in the next ten, she'll be loaded up with it to the max! Thursday night we headed to Destin Harbor to watch the WWII replica airplane show, eat at Harry Ts, and watch the fireworks display - all of which turned out to be great! We all had a good night's rest and after breakfast on Friday morning, the four of us headed to the beach...in the "pirate" golf cart of course! Abby loves the sand and is a fan of the water when the waves aren't big or loud - Fri morning was a mixture of emotions but we were able to enjoy both the water and the sandcastle building! After lunch at Johnny Rockets I think we ALL took naps (ha!) and ended up having a nice steak dinner at home. Papa Doc was at the grill, Gramercy in the kitchen and me and Abby doing nothing but enjoying the smells and tastes of the night! After dinner my parents took her to one of her all time favorite playgrounds (at the Village of Baytowne Wharf) and then to Kilwin's where she got a blue tongue thanks to another one of her all time favorites: Superman Ice Cream! Another sleep filled night passed and this morning we were up bright and early headed to the Dive School (where my father takes his diving courses) for swim lessons! If you read this blog, you know that Abby's great in pools! About 50% of the time she's got floaties, a noodle or an inner tube with her - but the other 50% of the time she's doing it all on her own (but very close by - inches away - from an adult). In the last three weeks, she's started getting into pools without any flotation and trying things out. So...she's going to be taking some swim lessons (with the "Dolphin class" and private) this week with my parents. I went with her to today's class and Coach Mary and Coach Mel were great! In only 15 minutes, Abby was swimming underwater through hula hoops, going underwater about 3 feet to get dive rings off the steps, and swimming distances of over 5 feet from me to the wall (underwater) all by herself! I can't wait to see what she'll be like in the pool when she's done with these lessons! After class was over we made a quick run by Target and Burger King before heading home for lunch. I took Abby up to "her room" for nap time and we talked about me leaving. She's so super smart (if I do say so myself - ha ha!) but doesn't get time orientation. So instead of telling her how long she'll stay at my parents, or when she'll be coming home, I just had a long talk with her saying that both Mommy and Daddy had to go to work so we'll see her later. She gave me lots of hugs, tons of kisses and told me to give Eric a kiss too! After she zonked out, I packed up the car and headed home. When I gave my mom a message telling her I was home, she said Abby had just woken up and was already for an afternoon of fun and jellybeans (shocker - ha ha!). I know she is super excited about a week full of beaches, pools, swim lessons, toy stores, Kilwin's, book stores, Beauty and the Beast play, firework shows, helping to put the FINAL touches on Gramercy and Papa Doc's new home, pottery painting, a dolphin sight seeing cruise, motor boat racing and tons more I don't even know about - ha! There won't be anymore Abby updates until she's back home (in over a week!)...although we'll miss her, I'm looking forward to a great week with the youth at camp and I think Eric is looking for some quiet time from his two favorite girls - as much as he loves us, can you imagine a week without waking up at the crack of dawn, 1,000 daily questions of "why?", playing Wii golf at any time of the day or night (he says Papa Doc has a LOT of practicing to do - hint, hint!) and doing basically anything he wants! Tonight Eric and I are headed off to one of our "date nights" and then tomorrow I start packing and getting ready to leave again. While I'm gone, Eric will end the week by heading to the beach to play a round (golf of course) with Papa Doc and then eventually bring Abby home. It's going to be a whirlwind week for all of us - but still a GREAT one to say the least!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I love how she has her hairbow on underwater! So Abby.

July 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home