abby's blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Crooked letter, crooked letter...

Well, we are finally back from our big Wade Family Vacation weekend to Mississippi! It was so much fun! I asked Mommy if I could go ahead first thing this morning and tell you all about it...so here goes! On Thursday morning Daddy took me to school while Mommy went to the office, but he came back to check me out early because we were going to leave at lunch time for our trip. Nana and Papa came over in their van and we all packed up and headed west. It was a great ride - I got to watch Beauty and the Beast, do some arts and crafts, color, read, sing, snack and even snooze. When we got to Mississippi we found Uncle Roger and Aunt Nancy's house and it was awesome! They had a BBQ dinner all ready for us. They showed me, Mommy and Daddy our guest room and I got my own super cool cushioned bed - awesome! But quickly I got tired so I got changed into my PJs and headed to sleep for the night. On Friday morning the guys went to golf and Aunt Nancy went to work..which meant me, Nana and Mommy had the day to do what we wanted...and we decided to shop, eat, shop, eat, shop, eat, etc. Ha ha! Once everyone was back at home, we all went out to a super yummy crocodile restaurant where I ate probably everything but my own meal, ha! We eventually headed home and I got bathed and decided to go to bed before the big holiday came. And before long, I woke up and it was JULY 4th! I learned all about it being America's birthday. Since the men went golfing again, the four Wade women headed out. And do you even have to ask what we did? Shop and eat again, ha ha! I had a blast with Mommy, Nana and Aunt Nancy. The Wade Women Rule!!!! Ha ha! After nap time, we got dressed in our Fourth of July clothes and headed back out to the local Lock and Dam for the big Columbus, MS Independence Day Celebration. It was awesome! I ate a hot dog dinner and got a cherry Icee for dessert. We listened to a concert and I even danced on the grass for a while. But soon it got dark and we were ready for some fireworks! And the wait was worth it because I loved the fireworks. Although some times I didn't like the booms and got confused and closed my eyes instead of my ears...silly goose! But I loved the colors and sparkles! It was a great July 4th! We headed home - way past my bedtime - and I was so wound up that it took me a long time to fall asleep. But soon, before I knew it, it was Sunday morning and we headed to Woodland Baptist Church where I went to Ms. Linda's Sunday School class and children's church. I loved Uncle Roger and Aunt Nancy's church! Soooo much fun! Then we headed to lunch - where I ate sushi! (At least the rice from it, ha!) After lunch we went back to the house, said goodbye to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Roger (and Sadie of course...I miss her already!!!!!) and got on the road. I zonked out and didn't wake up until we were in Troy, AL ready for dinner. After that I watched some Cinderella, colored and then saw that we were pulling into our driveway...home sweet home! What a great weekend! I had so much fun with Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa, Uncle Roger and Aunt Nancy - it was a great Wade Family Vacation and I can't wait to do it again...I hear whispers that maybe during a weekend this fall when there's a BAMA football game we can also go to?????? Hee hee....

PS - Here's a special shout out to Aunt Nancy from her favorite Rolling Derby Tic Tac Toe girl and the paparazzi! We love you Aunt Nancy and can't wait to see you again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home