abby's blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkkk...

...but only for a while, ha ha! It's true, I'm finally back on the blog, but I'm leaving again tomorrow for the big holiday weekend! I figured since Mommy's been told by so many people that I'm behind in my blog, I better get going on some serious updating! Where to start....oh yeah, last week...

Wednesday morning I was up and dressed bright and early so me and Mommy could go to the hospital with Nana and Papa. I asked all of you to pray for Papa because he was having some problems. Well, on Wednesday, he went to the hospital and saw the Doctor who gave him the perfect medicine to feel better. I thought he looked super silly in his blue hospital hat and gown - silly, Papa And let me tell you - it was H-A-R-D work hanging out at the hospital...can't you tell? Ha ha! Daddy met us at the hospital and he took me and Mommy to lunch. Then we were back home for a nap and off to the beach that night. Me, Daddy and Mommy met Papa Doc and Gramercy at their house before going to eat dinner at Johnny's Rockets and then a good night's sleep in Florida. Oh, and before I forget - altough I had a great time with family on Wednesday, I missed my good friend, Ian's, birthday! Happy Birthday, Ian!

Thursday we all packed up and checked out the work on Gramercy and Papa Doc's new house. It looks gorgeous, we are so jealous! Great job guys! Then Papa Doc and Daddy headed off to a golf tourney and I went with Gramercy and Mommy to Seaside for shopping and lunch. And as much as I loved my lunch, I think the ice cream dessert was the best! After filling my tummy, and emptying Gramercy's wallet (ha ha), I zonked out on the drive home and had a great nap. When I woke up, it was time to play a little bit more and then head to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's restaurant.

After dinner on Thursday night, it was time for Mommy and Daddy to go home - but not me!!!! In fact, I got to spend the whole weekend with Gramercy and Papa Doc! From Thursday night until Monday morning we laughed, played, cooked, ate, napped, shopped, read, and so much more! Some of my favorite things included swimming, driving the golf cart, my new Thomas ball, going to the book store, baking (and decorating) a cookie cake, and getting my nails painted red! It was a GREAT weekend and I had so much fun!






On Monday morning, while I was swimming with Papa Doc, Mommy showed up! She told me that while I had been having fun, Daddy had been working and she had been with the youth group in Atlanta (and I loved getting my cool souvenirs - thanks, Mommy!). After swimming we headed to Pompano Joes for a yummy lunch and then it was home to nap. Some serious storming came through Sandestin but I was so tired after such a great weekend that I slept right through everything and when I woke up, it was time to pack and share one last dinner with G & PD before heading home to kiss and snuggle with Daddy...who missed me very much!

Tuesday morning I packed my backpack and headed back to school with Ms. Tammie and Ms. Janet. They missed me last Thursday but I told them all about the beach and they said it sounded like fun. Daddy picked me up from school and I rode home in his truck telling him all about my day. When we got home, Mommy said she had a surprise for me: an afternoon playdate at the swimming pool with Ms. Carolyn! And I loved it! I just went right to her and started swimming without floaties on. And then there were the "noonles" - ha! It became super fun when Ms. Jennifer (Mr. Colby's SUPER nice and cute girlfriend!) joined us and we played the "1-2-3 game" about a gazillon times. And of course Lizzy was there too, ha ha! When we finally got home, I had a yummy BBQ dinner with Mommy and Daddy and called it an early night.

Today I woke up a bit earlier than usual and snuggled for a long time in my bed with Mommy...although she kept saying "Shhh, it's still night time, go back to bed." Well, no such luck because I was awake - ha! Mommy and Daddy had to get up and get showered and dressed and that made me excited because it meant it was a day with Jess! Yea! We played, colored, swam, and even zonked out while watching Cinderella. We snacked on some cherry Jammers which made our tongues red - don't we look silly???

So...now it's Wednesday night and I'm packing. Tomorrow I'm headed to school and then checking out early to go with Daddy, Mommy and Papa to MISSISSIPPI! We're off to stay with Uncle Roger and Aunt Nancy for the big July 4th weekend! I heard that Mommy has lots of crafts to do on the 5+ hour drive to their home but I'm excited and can't wait! I'll be back late Sunday night and hopefully I can check back in with you guys on Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home