abby's blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm a BIG GIRL now

Well, with all of this birthday talk going on this week, Mommy and Daddy said that I could go ahead and have my 2 year old birthday present! Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeee, happy birthday to me! I got a big girl bedroom! Mommy's been working on it for a couple of days (um, weeks, um, months! ha ha!) and today was the day that I got to check it out!!!!! So, out with the old and in with the new! I have moved from the back of the house to the front of the house, a green room to a yellow room, a toddler bed to a full bed and lots of other new things! (Although I get to keep my Tinkerbell pillow, ha ha!) Check out my new room - it's not completely done (Mommy's still got some stuff to hang on the walls and put in there) but it's mine, it's new and I LOVE IT!



PS - And for those of you that have been joking with Mommy and Daddy about where you're going to sleep when you come here (and you know who you are! ha!)...well, Mommy and Daddy said that they still haven't changed their minds about giving up their bed! Ha ha! The nursery has been turned back into a guest room - enjoy!


PSS - Note from Mommy: Well, the "big girl" room is more or less finished! Even though it is what Eric and I are gifting Abby for her birthday, I wanted it done by Christmas because January is going to be crazy around here for us and there was no other time to get it done by Feb 2nd. And we all love her new room! There is a bit more fine tuning to do with some things we have for the wall and closet, but at least there's a bed, dresser, and closet for her clothes! Abby seems to like the new room...she's calling her old room "baby room" - and no, there's no baby on it's way for that room, ha! About 1 1/2 hours ago she looked a bit sleepy and I asked her if she wanted to take a nap. (While I was finishing her room today, she at her Nana's house and slept for a bit but you know Abby wanted to play with Christmas tree decorations rather than sleep - ha!) So she told me "Yes, Mommy, yes" then walked into her new room, crawled up onto the bed and within minutes was asleep with her 2 night time stuffed animals (silly Snow Monster and Minnie) next to her . I'm so glad she likes her room and her big girl bed! What a cutie she is, if I do say so myself - ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Love it. Can'y wait to see it in person.

December 13, 2008 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

It is so pretty! I think I am going to have the oldest child still sleeping in a crib. Sprite loves her crib and I am in no hurry to transition to her a big girl bed where she get out when she wants to! :)

December 16, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home