abby's blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Round ONE

Round one goes to....Providence Baptist Church! For those of you that know us, you know that Mommy is on the staff at our church - she's the Youth Director. Tonight was the big staff Christmas party - it's really fancy and pretty with Christmas china and a candlelight dinner. Well, Daddy's been in Gadsden all day with Papa Doc (Daddy says THANKS Papa Doc!) and so Mommy was going to go by herself; I was going to stay at home with Jess...until Jess got stuck at a pageant with her sister. So, when Mr. Jackie and Ms. Carolyn came to pick up Mommy for the party - they picked up me too! I was in my fancy red plaid party dress and I was ready to party....and scream...and cry...and fuss. It wasn't a silent night at all! But, the food was super yummy at the party! We had turkey, green beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, and tons of pies, cakes and cookies! Oh my goodness the food was great! And I loved playing the games with Mommy - we played two Christmas games Mommy's never even heard of so it was super fun! Everyone had a great time. I got to hang out with the Grinch too, Mr. Reall - ha ha! But he let me play the piano so he wasn't too grumpy tonight!

Mr. Jackie took me and Mommy home early because it was getting to be my bedtime and I was turning into my own version of the Grinch! I'm off to get my beauty sleep (in my big girl bedroom!) so when I wake up tomorrow, instead of the Grinch I'll be a Christmas beauty! And tomorrow's another Christmas party and luncheon at church so maybe I'll be better and Round TWO will go to me - ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home