abby's blog

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Super Sweet Sunday

What better way to start off your day than at a cake auction?!?! That's what happened this morning with me...by the time I got up (at 6:30 AM), had breakfast (more strawberries, please), played with my toys (and by that I mean I read about a thousand books), took a short cat nap (which didn't really start until 30 minutes after I officially crawled back into bed because I was so busy talking to myself), got dressed (with Daddy's help) and headed to our church (in Daddy's big truck), I found Mommy already in Fellowship Hall with all of her youth and almost 40 cakes in a silent cake auction. My job was to hang out with Ms. Jess, sample the treats (ha - just kidding, or am I?? Ha!), and draw lots of pretty pictures while Mommy was getting everything finalized. After the winners came to collect their cakes, I decided that it was the best fundraiser ever since we came home with the sweetest sweets! Yummy! After church, we were invited to the Adult I Sunday School luncheon for Brother Chad. He's our new preacher that officially started today and I love him! I got to hang out at lunch with his daughters, Jenna Cate and Julia - they love me and I love them! (And Ms. Jess was in charge of my lunch plate...any takers on answering the question of why I have chocolate icing all over my face? Hmmmmm, Ms. Jess, ha ha!)


By the time we got home I was exhausted! I napped for a couple of hours and then me, Mommy and Daddy all packed up to go swimming at Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's house. But by the time we got there (and literally they are only a few hundred yards away from our house) the sky turned pitch black. As we watched the wind pick up hard enough to blow the pool chairs from the gazebo into the pool (about 12 feet away) we knew we weren't going to go swimming. (Note from Mommy: Abby and I really wanted to show Eric her new skill. Yesterday afternoon she and I went swimming with Aunt Carol. After jumping into the pool from the sides, Abby started walking toward the deep end. I asked "Do you want to jump off the diving board?" I didn't know what she'd say or do but since swimming/jumping at Carolyn's pool was such a success, I shouldn't have been surprised when she said "Yes!" And...she did! I was standing next to the board while she walked from the back to the front. After a little help counting 1-2-3, she jumped into the water where Aunt Carol was waiting. She'd go under about 3 feet and pop back up with a big smile on her face. She did it about 3 or 4 times before another one of our infamous afternoon storms popped up and we had to leave the pool. I was soooo proud of her! What a daredevil - no fear in this one...except for loud claps of thunder!) So, since we were about to have another storm this afternoon, we headed inside to their house and hung out until the storm passed. When we got back home we got ready for night time church. Since Daddy had to go to class and Mommy had to go to music rehearsal, I hung out in the nursery with Ms. Helen, Denesa and Georgia Raine. Then Ms. Tina and Aunt Julia showed up and we had a great party while Brother Chad was preaching. When Mommy came back to get me, Daddy said he was taking his girls out for a pizza dinner - apparently I'm a BIG fan of Pizza Hut's Supreme pizza. I couldn't get it in my mouth fast enough! But the best part of dinner was when we pulled up and saw Ms. Julie, Cody and Alli there. We all got a big booth together and I loved eating with more of my church family friends. Alli was so much fun and I had a blast! But now we're home and I can't even keep my eyes open any longer to finish this post so I'm off to bed. Night night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home