abby's blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

High five

Well, after waking up this morning at 6 AM, I wanted to eat. And for those of you that know me, you know I love fruit. Especially strawberries. Mommy cut up two strawberries for me and toasted me a waffle. They were both so yummy and I ate them in less than 15 minutes! But I still wanted more. When we walked outside to check for the newspaper, I saw the watermelon Mommy had brought home yesterday - it's from Mr. Steve's garden. I immediately started yelling "water, water, water!" So, Mommy said if I helped her cut it up, I could eat some. That sounded like a sweet deal to me...and it was!

After snacking on the watermelon, I managed to walk over to my pool and check it out. Mommy didn't think it was a big deal because it was flipped over but there was actually some water sitting on the top of it - which I proceeded to flounce right on top of and got soaking wet! So, we headed instead and got dry...and then a nap sounded good! After waking up about 9:45, Mommy and I headed on some errands. Of course we went to Wal-mart but my favorite errand was to Mommy and Daddy's favorite jewelry store, Stricklands. Mr. Strickland was showing me all sorts of jewlery in my birthstone - they were so pretty...now, if I could just talk Daddy into going back with me and his wallet! Ha ha! Then we had a very very special visit to make. We stopped by Ms. Carolyn's house because today is her birthday! We can't tell you what we brought her as her present, but trust us - it was exactly what she would have gotten for herself and she loved it! She's been telling everyone about my swimming at her house and I was very mad at Mommy for not letting me swim today. Everyone was there: Ms. Janet and her 4 children, Ms. Debbie, Mr. Tim and Maddie, Ms. Carolyn and Mr. Jackie. Mommy said we could come back another time to swim and I think we're going to bring Daddy with us! We came back home for lunch with Daddy and then they thought I wanted to nap about 12:30 - they were wrong, ha ha! I was up again playing with Daddy for a long long time. I've just now decided it's time for me to snag a little shut eye...and that works out great because Mommy's got to work, Daddy's going to go play golf, and I heard rumors of being able to go swimming at Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's after my afternoon nap. Could this day get any better???? (What's that? If Daddy bought me some jewelry - oh yes, I see what you mean - the day COULD get better, ha ha!)

P.S. Are you wondering yet what the title "High Five" means? This morning when I was getting dressed, Mommy notice my diapers were a bit snug. She put me on the scale and I finally got away from the 25 pounds I've been for the last 3 or 4 months! As of this morning I'm 26 pounds! At Wal-mart, Mommy and I checked out some diapers in the next size up - FIVE! And they are awesome! I'm super excited...and Mommy and Daddy are super stoked too - especially since they just bought two cases of size 4 last week, ha ha! Mommy says we'll use those up by the end of this week and move on to fives all the time...high five, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home