abby's blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Beach Babes

Wow...what a whirlwind couple of days we've had lately - but I wouldn't trade them in for anything! Wednesday morning we started a girls road trip - me, Mommy, Ms. Katie and Ellie (whose name I repeat now about a thousand times a day!) It's now three days and two nights later and I just got back home. Wanna know where we went? The BEACH! (Were else should four hotties go in the summertime - ha!) We headed down to Sandestin and I let it be officially known that I'm not a fan of road trips with friends that have cool toys or books that I can't hold at the same time. Mommy said she has no idea how I didn't lose my voice with all of the screeching. When we got to Florida, before we even got to the condo, we stopped at the Paint n' Place and Poppys. Both were success stories - one just a little more vibrant in color than the other. (And, yes, the nontoxic paint is very yummy...thanks for asking!) After an afternoon nap we were off to the beach and then the Back Porch - the very back back back of the Back Porch that is! I had yummy grilled fish served to me on a green frisbee! Finally it was bath time and sleep time...only for about 30 minutes. Then it was another rough night of screaming. Finally morning came and I took a couple of hours to zonk out. Then it was time for a stroll to brunch at the Broken Egg Cafe (where my favorite - The Little Rooster) and some serious pool time with our new friend, Andrew. My afternoon nap came too soon but I needed it to be ready for the evening of fun ahead of me - touring the Village at Baytowne Wharf, picking up my painted creation (an ice cream bowl - what else?), snacking on the biggest chocolate covered strawberry you've ever seen, running up and down the beach boardwalk with Ellie, meeting another new friend (Tanner), eating dinner at the Crab Trap (out of a kids bucket and shovel - super cool), bath time (where I was a bit fussy because I ran - literally - right into the bathroom door frame and bumped my head and got a little scrape), and my FAVORITE part of the day: dance party on the red carpet with Ellie! After the dance party, I was exhausted and had a great night's sleep. This morning we took a trip to the beach and Hilton pool before cleaning and packing up. Then it was time for one last stop - no trip to the beach is complete without a trip to see the live alligators at Fudpuckers...where I got to eat fish toes! Super cool and super scrumpdidliumpcious! On the trip home I tooled around with the screeching again...enough to drive Ellie out of the car for a bit of fresh air - wink wink! We got home a couple of minutes ago and I asked Mommy to help me post a slide show and now I'm off to hits the sheets. What an awesome trip! Thanks Ms. Katie and Ellie for a great time...we can't wait to do it again!



P.S. I have two very special prayer request. Please pray for my Nana and my Meemaw. While we were gone, Nana had some outpatient surgery. She's out of the hospital but needs lots of cheering up and help recovering! And just as Nana was getting out of the hospital, my Meemaw was going in. She has a kidney infection and pneumonia. Since she's so sick, we can't go visit her. But I'm sending her lots of love and get well soon wishes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad, Jana, Alex, and Jorja said...

Looks like you had a blast at the beach! Maybe before too long my mommy will take me there!

Alex Brewer

June 23, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of fun had by all! Your Gramercy certainly does think you are a cutie! Love and kisses!

June 25, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home