abby's blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

'cuz I'm a walkin'...yes indeed!

Wozers! What a weekend I had! So many things, so little time! When I last talked with you, I was getting ready to nap up for my big night with Daddy. And it was so much fun! Mommy left Friday night to go to the Children's Church movie night and me and Daddy ate, bathed and played for hours! And on top of playing, he found out that I actually LOVED eating the fresh strawberries I had picked that afternoon - they were YUMMY!

By the time I zonked out, it felt like only minutes later that I was waking up to some sunshine on Saturday morning. Before Mommy left for her Youth group car wash, we had breakfast - and watched Daddy plant flowers! It was so neat - the family room windows are just my height and he was on the outside of them while I was standing on the inside looking out! We played peak-a-boo between the bushes and I laughed and laughed. By the time he came back inside, Mommy left and we had another great playtime together. Then we surprised Mommy by coming to see her and the youth at the car wash. Some of those girls are my favorite girls - they always make me feel like a beautiful little princess! (Even though my new nickname is "Abbers"! Ha ha!)

But after the car wash was over, Daddy and Mommy told me we were getting in the car and heading south to the beach - to see Gramercy and Papa Doc! Daddy and Papa Doc went golfing and us gals actually went to the beach! It was fun. I wasn't a fan of the loud breaking waves right at the water's edge but the rest of the stuff I loved - the water, the sand, playing in the sand. I can't wait to go back! After a much needed afternoon nap, Mommy and Daddy went out for the night and I chilled with Gramercy and Papa Doc. And guess what I started doing? Walking! Yep!!!! (Go ahead, clap for me because now when I do it, I look around to see who's clapping!) I've been trying for a couple of weeks now but Mommy, Daddy and I weren't saying anything because I wasn't too sure about it. I've taken only 2 steps at a time at home but at the beach condo I took 2 steps in one direction, and 3 steps in another! It was such a cool night!



And by the next morning I was ready to get going again because we headed back home for church...and a party at our house that afternoon! It was a baby shower for Mommy and Daddy's friend Ms. Cassie. Soon her little Jackson will be here and I had so much fun with lots of ladies...and even got to sneak in on a few pictures...and show off my walking skills to the party people! They all clapped and laughed...and then I asked for some of that 12 layer chocolate cake! I wasn't doing all that work for nothing! Ha ha! Sunday night we headed back to church and it was Aunt Carol's night in the nursery and we had a blast! Daddy had to leave after church for a special Sunday night business dinner and me and Mommy went home and SLEPT! We were both sound asleep by 8 PM and neither of us woke up until late this morning. We're off now because Daddy's going to work and Mommy's got to take me to school before she's off to work. I hope everyone has a great day - especially my Aunt Jan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT JAN - I LOVE YOU!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

yay! happy walking days. now mommy will have to keep up with you instead of the other way around.

April 28, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for throwing me that shower Barbara! I wish I had been able to be there to see all of you (and to eat some of that cake!)

~Cassie

April 30, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I'm clapping Abby! Way to go girl!

May 1, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home