abby's blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas!

Today's the big day...kind of! It's the day that we officially kick off the Christmas family festivities and I was sooo excited! We woke up and Mommy noticed a big lipstick mark on my check...Luna (my family elf) had come into my room in the middle of the night and kissed me! Woah, I was super excited! In fact, I didn't want to wash my face until Mommy finally said it was time to take a shower! Since we've all been feeling kind of sick, it took us a while to get up and get going this morning. But by lunch time, we headed over to Nana and Papa's for some yummy food. I loved my dumplings, mac-n-cheese, and chocolate pie! But I really loved playing with Whitney! I love our squeal time, oops - I mean girl time. Ha ha! And I loved presents from Aunt Carol and Ra Ra, and Pops (a.k.a. Uncle Rickey)! ("Can you hear me now?" Ha ha!) But after most of the family left, I took a quick nap before we exchanged Christmas presents with Nana, Papa, Uncle Aaron and Ms. Jen. It was awesome! I love my presents...especially my princess nap mat, my roller skates, my baby crib (although Mommy says I'm not allowed to put the real babies in it even though I thought that was a perfect idea), and my new booster seat for Mommy's car! Thanks everyone! After presents we ate some dinner because it was almost time to get home. In fact, we just got here and I immediately sat down with Mommy to work on my letter for Santa! He's coming to our house tonight! And although that scares me a bit, I'm really hoping he thinks I've been a good girl this past year! I'm leaving him milk, two cookies and a Reese peanut butter Christmas bell. And I better get to sleep because he won't come until I'm in bed! Night night....see you in the morning - Christmas morning!


PS - Note from Mommy...Yes, we're a bit under the weather but thankfully Abby's is already out of her system. When we got home tonight, I wrote her letter to Santa verbatim. "Dear Santa, Praise Santa. Nothing else. Please can I have a present? I'm being good. I want Pete the Dragon. I'm done. That's enough. Love, Abby." I was cracking up! And yes, this is the first anyone in this house has ever heard of a Pete the Dragon present, ha ha! After she wrote the letter it was time to call it a night. But as soon as she crawled into bed, she had a nervous breakdown. She completely lost it and was screaming and crying because she did not like the idea of Santa being in her house. And on top of that, a lightening and thunderstorm hit right at that time. I had to lie down with her for about 10 minutes, Eric had to talk to her and then I finally had to promise that Santa would not come into her bedroom. She's scared he's bringing presents under her tree in her room. She finally calmed down after my promise and then I had to put on some lullaby music for her. Poor kiddo...she really loves Christmas and all the excitement of Santa, but not the idea of being anywhere near the big guy himself. But...our house looks a bit different since she finally fell asleep! Needless to say, Abby's been a good girl and we can't wait til she gets a look under the downstairs tree tomorrow morning!!! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

Merry Christmas Wade family!

December 25, 2009 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Wandering Wallaces said...

So glad you "five" were able to come and spend Christmas with the Wallaces in Sandestin! It was so nice...and meeting John here..and seeing Aunt Robyn
Abby..."I love you ten!"

December 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home