abby's blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's been a MOTHER of a day!


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY!

I love you!

Love, Your Punkin'


This morning I was up at 4:30 AM ready to tell Mommy Happy Mother's Day! She had had a late late night last night and was super sleepy but I wanted to snuggle and sing lots of songs. We curled up on the couch together
and talked for a bit until Daddy woke up. By 6:30 AM, Daddy and I were on the road...off to go get and bring home a Mother's Day breakfast from our favorite chicken place - yummy biscuits, sausage, bacon and chicken from Bojangles. Since Mommy's usually the first one up in our house, Daddy and I knew a Breakfast-in-Bed was out of the question but Mommy said it was most perfect breakfast ever and that made me and Daddy smile! After breakfast I helped Mommy open up her presents...and they were awesome! I especially liked her new wallet from yours truly...I didn't want to let her have it back after I took it from her to check it out. She especially liked her new watch and gift certificate! Daddy and I did a GREAT job with all of our presents to her! We had some time to just chill around the house this morning before we got ready for church. (We all wore our new blue PBC t-shirts that were from the youth fundraiser - we looked great!) After church (where all of the Moms got corsages and cards from the Youth Group and a special gift from the Sunday School Department) Daddy and I took Mommy out to lunch. We headed to Miyori - a Japanese steakhouse in Enterprise. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! We had a great time...we watched the chef cook right in front of us on the big stove, saw lots of fire and fun, and even got free ice cream for dessert! Daddy and Mommy said it was the best food they've tasted at a Japanese restaurant ever! And the chef gave Mommy a Mother's Day present - a set of new red wooden chopsticks in a special wooden box. Cool! I was so tired after lunch that I zonked out on the way home and didn't even want to move a muscle when Mommy got me out of my car seat.


Eventually I woke up so I could go potty and get in some PJs.
And now that we're home and I'm comfy, I'm truly exhausted and can't hardly keep my eyes open. I think I'm going to go give Mommy another kiss and then head off to my nap. It's been a great day for my Mommy and she has told me a thousand times how much she loves me, how proud she is of me and is so happy to be my Mommy. And I'm happy to be her Punkin'.

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy - I love you!
XOXOXOXO


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, Abby, for making your mom's Mothers' Day great! Gramercy still finds it hard to believe that "her daughter" is a mother too!

May 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home