CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Well, the results are in...thanks to all of you that played along - whether on the blog on in the emails you sent Mommy! And before we tell you the winner, here are the answers:
1. So far I've been a Kangaroo and Bunny in school - TRUE - I go to First United Methodist Church in Enterprise and classes are divided by animal names. Last year I was in the Kangaroo class, this year I'm in the Bunny class and next year I'll be in the Tiger class.
2. My first word was "ball" - FALSE - I started talking super early! It was on July 4, 2007 (5 months old) when I looked at Mommy and said "Mama"...and yes, there are witnesses! Since then I changed Mama to Mom to Mommy but she was still my first word.
3. My first vacation was when I was only 2 weeks old - TRUE - I love traveling and riding in cars. When I was exactly 2 weeks old, Mommy, Daddy and I packed up and headed to the beach to visit Gramercy and Papa Doc.
4. I love talking on the telephone - FALSE - I love talking, but not on the phone. But, there is an exception to this...I will talk 90-to-nothing on the phone with Aunt Robyn. She calls me every morning (seriously) and for some reason I will talk to her for several minutes at a time...you know she is my "other mother." (And if you don't know what that means - wait for the next quiz, ha!)
5. I suck my thumb - FALSE - Since I was born I started sucking the third and fourth fingers on my left hand. Sometimes I vary and throw another finger in there but never my thumb. And never any fingers on my right hand, the blisters on my left hand fingers prove it!
6. I'm scared of spiders and rain storms - TRUE - These are the things that scare me every single time. You can thank Daddy for making me scared of spiders because I wasn't until he showed me a tarantula (ha!) on our den ceiling. But there's an exception to this too...some dogs scare me. Daddy and Mommy think it's funny because I love love love seeing some dogs but others make me cry and run away. There's no rhyme and reason to the ones I like (I usually hate the little puny ones)....'course, I'm really allergic to them all so in the long run I guess you could say they are all scary to me!
7. I love Nickelodeon - FALSE - OK. Mommy has caught a lot of slack on this one because people think it's a trick question. Here goes...I rarely watch t.v. except for in the mornings and then I'll watch Disney, not Nickelodeon. I have a few Dora movies I watch but I don't ever watch Nickelodeon. In fact, to be honest, Sponge Bob is banned from our house. After Disney, I like PBS shows Word World and Thomas the Train.
8. I've had 6 birthday parties - TRUE - I average 3 a year and I have loved them all!
9. It took less than 10 days to be potty trained - TRUE - Once I got all my tummy poop troubles squared away, and once I turned 2, Mommy and Daddy officially started the training. Within 2 days Mommy decided Pull Ups are a waste of money so I went straight to big girl panties. About 2 days later I was telling Mommy and Daddy when I had to go. And before the week ended, I was officially trained and all diapers and Pull Ups were given to other friends! Woo hoo!
10. I sleep on a Minnie pillowcase - FALSE - It's Tinkerbell!!!!! I carry it with me everywhere too...on vacations, to grandparent houses, to places I take naps, etc. I love Tinkerbell!
Now...on to the good stuff...the winner! Out of all the entries we received on the blog and Mommy's email, 4 people were 100% right! Congrats! Mommy wrote those names on pieces of paper and they went into my sheep basket. Daddy and Mommy watched as I drew the winning name:
KATHERINE OGLESBY
Congrats, Ms. Katherine! I'll be getting the present to you soon! Love you! And everyone else that participated....love you all!



1. So far I've been a Kangaroo and Bunny in school - TRUE - I go to First United Methodist Church in Enterprise and classes are divided by animal names. Last year I was in the Kangaroo class, this year I'm in the Bunny class and next year I'll be in the Tiger class.
2. My first word was "ball" - FALSE - I started talking super early! It was on July 4, 2007 (5 months old) when I looked at Mommy and said "Mama"...and yes, there are witnesses! Since then I changed Mama to Mom to Mommy but she was still my first word.
3. My first vacation was when I was only 2 weeks old - TRUE - I love traveling and riding in cars. When I was exactly 2 weeks old, Mommy, Daddy and I packed up and headed to the beach to visit Gramercy and Papa Doc.
4. I love talking on the telephone - FALSE - I love talking, but not on the phone. But, there is an exception to this...I will talk 90-to-nothing on the phone with Aunt Robyn. She calls me every morning (seriously) and for some reason I will talk to her for several minutes at a time...you know she is my "other mother." (And if you don't know what that means - wait for the next quiz, ha!)
5. I suck my thumb - FALSE - Since I was born I started sucking the third and fourth fingers on my left hand. Sometimes I vary and throw another finger in there but never my thumb. And never any fingers on my right hand, the blisters on my left hand fingers prove it!
6. I'm scared of spiders and rain storms - TRUE - These are the things that scare me every single time. You can thank Daddy for making me scared of spiders because I wasn't until he showed me a tarantula (ha!) on our den ceiling. But there's an exception to this too...some dogs scare me. Daddy and Mommy think it's funny because I love love love seeing some dogs but others make me cry and run away. There's no rhyme and reason to the ones I like (I usually hate the little puny ones)....'course, I'm really allergic to them all so in the long run I guess you could say they are all scary to me!
7. I love Nickelodeon - FALSE - OK. Mommy has caught a lot of slack on this one because people think it's a trick question. Here goes...I rarely watch t.v. except for in the mornings and then I'll watch Disney, not Nickelodeon. I have a few Dora movies I watch but I don't ever watch Nickelodeon. In fact, to be honest, Sponge Bob is banned from our house. After Disney, I like PBS shows Word World and Thomas the Train.
8. I've had 6 birthday parties - TRUE - I average 3 a year and I have loved them all!
9. It took less than 10 days to be potty trained - TRUE - Once I got all my tummy poop troubles squared away, and once I turned 2, Mommy and Daddy officially started the training. Within 2 days Mommy decided Pull Ups are a waste of money so I went straight to big girl panties. About 2 days later I was telling Mommy and Daddy when I had to go. And before the week ended, I was officially trained and all diapers and Pull Ups were given to other friends! Woo hoo!
10. I sleep on a Minnie pillowcase - FALSE - It's Tinkerbell!!!!! I carry it with me everywhere too...on vacations, to grandparent houses, to places I take naps, etc. I love Tinkerbell!
Now...on to the good stuff...the winner! Out of all the entries we received on the blog and Mommy's email, 4 people were 100% right! Congrats! Mommy wrote those names on pieces of paper and they went into my sheep basket. Daddy and Mommy watched as I drew the winning name:
KATHERINE OGLESBY
Congrats, Ms. Katherine! I'll be getting the present to you soon! Love you! And everyone else that participated....love you all!





3 Comments:
Yeah! I love being a winner and testing my Abby trivia! Hooray! Love that girl with the pied-piper voice - "You want a cookie? Okay! Anything else?!?"
clearly the whole shibang was rigged..i feel hurt and saddened..i mean come on!!! i am clearly your "other mother" i mean..i guess i just forgot some things. (like you mom looking in the rearview while reversing...) ;) love you lots kiddo..xoxo aunt robyn
i'm going to have to agree with aunt robyn...totally and completely rigged....ha! seriously, congrats Katherine and Abby if you ever feel like sending me anything, please make it in the form of a check! Ha! Thanks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home