abby's blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow...It's Wednesday!

Once again, we just got so busy around here that before I knew it, four days had passed since my last posting! I told Mommy I'd gladly stay up later to blog if she thought that would be necessary but sadly I got the big N-O because bedtime is still 8 PM! Anyhoo.....so many things have been going on. Sunday morning I was up bright and early to get ready for church. I wore one of my new outfits from our Saturday shopping trip and everyone said I looked super cute in my polka dots! Mommy, Daddy and I headed out to a yummy lunch and then I spent the afternoon napping away. Mommy was at a church meeting when I woke up so Daddy and I got to hang out together that night. We all met back up for a pizza dinner before I got a good night's rest for my big Monday.

And what was Monday you ask???? My big 2 year check up with Dr. Mac....yes, I know. I turned two over two months ago....so see, it's not just the blog that's slacking - ha ha! Mommy and I were at Dr. Mac's office by 8 AM and I got a great A-OK check up. Here's the low down: I'm 3 feet 1 inch tall and weigh 32 pounds. Dr. Mac said I'm in the 50th percentile - for a 3 1/2 year old, yikes! But Dr. Mac told Mommy that my weight is just perfect for my height even though I'm a bit ahead of the game. When Dr. Mac asked Mommy if I was putting two words together yet, we just sat there and laughed. Then I proceeded to sing the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and spelled my name for Dr. Mac. She was super impressed with me and loved all over me! And the best part of the visit was NO shots! Woo Hoo!!!!!! (But the saddest part was finding out my all time favorite nurse, Ms. Laura, finally had her baby - yea - but decided not to go back to work at Dr. Mac's office ...I'll miss you, Ms. Laura!) After my Doctor's visit, Mommy and I ran a couple of errands and then ended up at the Mall where we ran into Daddy for lunch! He treated his favorite girls for some chicken (of course) and a few turns on the Merry-Go-Round. Fun, fun, fun!

On Tuesday I headed to school and had a fun day playing with my friends. After class Mommy and I went by Meemaw's house for some fun playing...and cookie eating of course! Then I ended up having a rough night. I fell asleep on Mommy's lap at 6:25 PM only to wake up a few minutes later and from about 7-8 PM I had the weirdest cry. I was sobbing and sobbing and couldn't tell Mommy and Daddy why. Daddy made sure it wasn't a fever so I was OK, but I wouldn't even let them touch me. Finally I settled down, told Mommy my tummy hurt, drank some juice and was out like a light.

This morning we were up early. Mommy had a Doc's appointment herself with Dr. Dozier and I was sooo excited to go with her because I was able to see Ms. Brooke - my favorite ultrasound tech! But Mommy knew I would be running all over the office so we brought help: Aunt Carol! After we talked with Ms. Brooke, Mommy went back to see Dr. D and I stayed in the lobby with Aunt Carol. Eventually Mommy came out and we headed to run some more errands and then lunch....I zonked out on the way home before 12 o'clock I was so exhausted! I just woke up and Mommy said we're heading to go grab something she needs and then off to the gym before Daddy gets home. What a great day today's turning out to be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad, Jana, Alex, and Jorja said...

Love the outfit! You're a little Diva!!

April 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home