abby's blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The hunt is on....

Even though yesterday was so much fun, when I woke up this morning, I knew today was gonna be great...and it's only 1/2 over! After lots of playing (and a bit of trouble) this morning, we got dressed up and headed out with our friends Ms. Kim and Madison to an Easter Party! We met Ms. Cassie and Jackson there (along with his Nana) and we all had a blast! There was chalk coloring, egg dying, a "prettiest egg" contest, an egg-spoon relay rally, a water balloon tossing contest, a present from Jackson (thanks!!) and a yummy hot dog lunch! But there were two more things that were my favorites: (1) An Easter story - all the kids divided into three groups. My group, the preschoolers, went to the back of the church and learned about the Easter story. And you'll never believe it but the Bible verse me and Mommy have been working on this week was the verse we talked about today and I knew it! We put together a puzzle about the verse and it was super fun, especially since I got to take the puzzle home with me! (2) After story time, we went outside for the big Easter Egg hunt and guess who found the GOLDEN EGG full for candy????? Me!!!!! This morning was so much fun! I'm heading to go take a nap now because we have a special afternoon activity and then we're headed to go pick up some special guests (but Mommy won't tell me who) to go to Ms. Loren and Mr. Chad's wedding and reception. Woo hoo! It really is a great day!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home