abby's blog

Sunday, March 29, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

I just got home a couple of hours ago from one of my most favorite weekends and I just couldn't wait to share it with all of you guys! Early Friday morning, Mommy had "my" van all packed up and ready for us to go to Birmingham. We were going to Dr. King's office for an appointment about my tummy troubles. We got a bit of a late start because of the crazy weather here down south, but once the bad stuff got out of our way, well, we got on our way! We checked into the hotel, got showered and dressed for my Doc's appointment. After a good report, we headed to dinner with Gramercy. And we had three guests with us: Ms. Ethylea, Aunt Kelly and "Uncle" Matt. And as much as I loved the company, I really loved the cheesecake - ha ha! (Just kidding - the company was WAY better than the food!) On Saturday we had a yummy hotel breakfast, went swimming in the hotel pool, and then got ready for my first big surprise: Disney Playhouse Live! Me, Mommy, Gramercy and Aunt Kelly all headed to the BJCC and it was the best show ever: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, and Little Einsteins. It was GREAT! After the show, me, Mommy and Gramercy headed to J. Alexanders - y-u-m-m-y! And since it was so close to the Galleria, of course we had to go shopping...ha ha, just kidding. But we did swing in there to take a few turns on the big big big merry-go-round. After a great night's sleep, we woke up and I found out that there was another surprise outing with Mommy and Gramercy! At the train station, it was "A Day With Thomas" - that's right, THOMAS! I went a bit nuts with Mickey on Saturday, and went even nuttier with Thomas on Sunday! There was so much to do at the train station. My favorite things included my balloon princess crown, matching tattoos with Mommy, hot dog lunch concert, a real Thomas the Train ride and meeting Sir Topham Hatt. I had an absolute blast this weekend and slept the entire way home! Mommy had to wake me up when we got in the driveway and to tell you the truth, I'm still super duper exhausted so I'm about to call it a night! What a great weekend!!!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Frances said...

Abby--tell your mom that she MUST call me the next time the two of you are in B'ham. Not fair for you to be this close and me not get to see you...especially when Cheesecake Factory is involved.

March 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home