abby's blog

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Annie get your gun

Even though I love Mommy, I am also a big Daddy's girl! Last night Mommy went to a Christmas party and I got to hang out with Daddy. We played, had a chili hot dog dinner and got comfy and cozy in Daddy's den. Hey - can you keep a secret? Don't tell Mommy but Daddy let me stay up an hour past my bedtime so we could watch the Christmas movie, The Grinch, together. I had a blast! This morning I slept in late and when I woke up, Daddy asked me if I wanted to get dressed and go out with him and Papa today! I was so excited to go with them to the Dothan Gun Show at the Peanut Festival fairgrounds. The whole time we were there I kept telling Papa all about the "baby Grinch" that was in last night's movie...you know, where the Grinch remembers what it was like being a kid - that was my favorite part of the movie! But after walking around the fairgrounds with tons of other people (it was super crowded) we left and headed to the Pit Stop for some lunch...some yummy BBQ! By the time we got home, I went running to Mommy to tell her all about our big morning....she stayed home painting my new room so that was OK with me! She sent Daddy off to get some more paint and me off to my nap. But I soon heard a voice I recognized and came running out of my room to find Ms. Carolyn in the family room! Although Mommy reminded me that I don't leave my room until she comes in there, I couldn't help but go grab Ms. Carolyn and love all over her. Now she's gone, Daddy's back home, Mommy's waiting on paint to dry and the t.v.'s on with a bunch of talk about my favorite team: ROLL TIDE ROLL! I'm hurrying to go take my nap so I can watch some of this big game! Later gators, literally! Ha ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gun Show, huh...did you get your .380 Baretta yet? You'll be the "center of the bull's eye" with that baby! Course, we won't be chowing down on deer with your efforts...but I would forgo that to know that you can keep yourself safe! Nothing like a gun show to "bring out the Wallace" in a young babe! You are acutie...and always a bull's eye ringer for this Gramercy and Ppa Doc! Say "Hi" to AB for us...she sounds like a winner!

December 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the grinch is your aunt robyn's favorite holiday movie...glad to hear it is staying in the family. love you.

December 7, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home