abby's blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Kool time with Kelly

Last night after saying goodbye to Big Al, Mommy told me I was getting a big surprise this morning! I love getting surprises and sure enough, only a few minutes after I woke up, my surprise was knocking on the door - Aunt Kelly came to visit! Aunt Kelly lives in Birmingham and goes to Mommy and Daddy's old law school. She's going to graduate in May and she's getting married to "Uncle" Matt in August (and they are going to have the cutest flower girl in the entire world - me!) and then move to Virginia. Aunt Kelly helped me set up my painting station in the kitchen and we got to work on a Thanksgiving project - a turkey shirt! And it dried just in time for me to wear it to my school's Thanksgiving lunch today! But before I got dressed, Aunt Kelly gave me a super duper bath (with purple water of course!), got me all dressed in a turtle neck and jeans (because it's super cold down here this week!), and we snuggled a bit with Tinkerbell on the t.v. (what else would I want to show her - ha!). Then we cooked our rolls for the luncheon and headed out. We got to the school's Fellowship Hall just in time to see all the older kiddos perform - Ellie, Conrad and Ryan. They all sang great and look like perfect pilgrim and turkeys! After lunch we decided to head toward Dothan to give Santa one more try. But before we did, we stopped by the Merry Go Round and I rode the zebra with Mommy - I love Merry Go Rounds! Then we headed over to the big guy himself. This time I made it into the workshop and even over to Santa to give him a high 5 and play peek-a-boo with him...but as soon as Mommy put me on his lap that was it for me and I was done. Santa and I waved goodbye to each other and blew each other kisses and I may try it again on a later day...Santa said to Mommy that he'll be around visiting for a while so there's plenty of time to build up my courage! After giving such a good try, I got a super great treat from Aunt Kelly - cookie time!



Then we headed back home...Aunt Kelly left and before she was even a mile down the road, I zonked out in bed on my Tinkerbell pillow. Daddy came home early (after winning his trial - yea defense verdict!) and after I lounged around in the bed, we headed to Beef O Brady's for dinner - yummy chicken! Today was a great day - thanks for visiting Aunt Kelly...see you in a couple of days so we can Gobble Til We Wobble!

3 Comments:

Blogger ____j said...

if you ladies get bored today, you could come see me :) i'll be at wings til 5. ;)

November 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...the other aunt gets JEALOUS..see you soon punkin' :)

November 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Mary Frances said...

That is a GREAT picture of the three of you!!

December 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home