abby's blog

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday morning Mommy, Daddy and I packed up the 4Runner and headed south...to Sandestin! We spent Thanksgiving weekend with the entire Wallace family - Gramercy, Papa Doc, Aunt Kelly, Aunt Robyn, Aunt Kim, Uncle Jeff, Cousin Logan and Cousin Carter. The holiday was full of so much stuff I can't even begin to tell you everything, but here's a Top 10 list:

Number 10 - The Back Porch. We all went out to eat on Fr
iday night to one of our family's favorite restaurants. Not only did I eat everything in site (nacho chips, salsa, cheese dip, grilled fish, french fires, cole slaw and lemonade) I had a blast running around while waiting on our table, playing on the playground, checking out the beach, and wearing my new sucker dress from Gramercy!

Number 9 - March of the Penguins. Several times during the holiday, we went to the Market Shops at Sandestin. Set up on the greens there were some decorative Christmas penguins. I fell in love with one of them. I had to check him out every time I was there and he was my favorite decoration...I loved giving him hugs!


Number 8 - Breakfast with Santa. When Mommy went to the
spa on Saturday morning, Papa Doc surprised the rest of us by inviting me, Daddy, Uncle Jeff, Carter and Logan to breakfast at Beef O Brady's. Papa Doc heard that Santa was in town and he was going to be eating there himself - wow! I got to color on the table, decorate a scrap book, and have my picture made with Papa Doc and Santa! Merry Christmas!

Number 7 - The tradition continues. Every year after we eat Thanksgiving meal, we open a "holiday present" to kick off the Christmas season. I got tons of cool stuff this year from Gramercy and Papa Doc...a baby Jesus dress (and Mommy got a matching shirt - we can't wait to wear them! Aunt Kelly's been telling Mommy for weeks that she can't wait to see us open the present and we agreed - the outfits were too cute!), Santa PJs, a Rudolph outfit, a Santa night light and even a Santa book. (I even got some Christmas kisses from Carter while we were opening up our presents!) Thanks G&P!

Number 6 - Rock n' Rollin'. Saturday afternoon, after our bre
akfast with Santa and the girl's day at the spa, me, Mommy, Daddy, Gramercy, Papa Doc and Aunt Robyn headed to Johnny Rockets, one of my favorite restaurants! The waiters sing and dance...and so do Gramercy & Papa Doc! But I decided to skip on the dancing and go straight to the slipping..."I slip, ha ha!"

Number 5 - What's Thanksgiving without a great Thanksgiving dinner? The Grand at Sandestin had the yummiest dinner ever! I ate turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, strawberries, cheese, cookies and chocolate cake! I loved sitting at the table, checking out the big turkey on the wall, going on an indoor walk-a-bout with Papa Doc, coloring with Logan and Carter, sharing some snacking with Gramercy and sitting next to Logan. But one of my favorite parts of the meal was toward the end when us kiddos decided to take the party down a notch - under the table that is!


Number 4 - After our big turkey lunch on Thursday, we all had a huge surprise for Gramercy and Papa Doc. Since their Christmas tree and all of our handmade ornaments (over 33+ years worth of ornaments, including picture ones, painted ones, and heirloom ones) burned in the fire earlier this year, we had an "Ornament Making" party at the condo after lunch for their new tree. It was awesome! I had fun painting, glittering, coloring and even taking ornament breaks to giggle my head off! One of my favorite ornaments to make was a wreath ornament. Both Carter and I finger painted our wreaths...and a tad bit of the floor and carpet - oops!



Number 3 - Black Friday. Although we didn't wake up at the cr
ack of dawn, I had to hit the shops the day after Thanksgiving. Aunt Robyn, Mommy and I met Gramercy, Aunt Kim, Logan and Carter at Destin Commons and the Silver Sands Outlets. Thanks Gramercy for my new outfits - I love them! (But I really love my candy purse...sweet!)

Number 2 - The beach, the beach, the beach! Since there were soooo many of us in Florida, me, Mommy and Daddy stayed at the Hilton hotel on the HHonors 14th floor (where I got my own set of bunk beds and personal flat screen t.v. - cool!) . But it was really cool because we had a big balcony that looked right out onto the beach! I loved it! I had a midnight picnic out there, watched the waves, and loved to run to the balcony calling out "the beach!" Early Friday morning Aunt Robyn came over to the hotel and us gals headed down to the beach while Daddy went golfing with Papa Doc and Uncle Jeff. It was a dreary morning but I still loved checking out the water and the sand...but then loved checking out the indoor pool even more - splashing, jumping and swimming for about an hour in my bikini, what fun!

Number 1 - Family Fun. I had a blast over Thanksgiving! I got to spend a lot of time with Logan and Carter and it was so much fun. I got lots of love from Aunt Kelly, Aunt Robyn, Aunt Kim and Uncle Jeff. And I loved all of my snuggling, love, hugs and kisses from Papa Doc and Gramercy. There wasn't one moment that I was not surrounded by people who love me and who I love in return. We remembered loved ones that aren't with us anymore, friends that have moved away, memories we hold dear and the hope of a wonderful future! Thanksgiving was a great day and although we're home now, I sure loved our trip. I hope everyone had a great holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me..your "other mommy" Just letting you know how much fun I had punkin'! The beach sure does look good on us! I hope you are having a restful day, getting ready for your special visitor tonight..I cannot wait to hear all about it! Love you lots, Aunt Robyn and ROLL TIDE ROLL

December 1, 2008 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..it surely does my heart well to see not only all our girls together..but cousins enjoying the season and time together. That's the GREATEST for this Gramercy!

December 7, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home