abby's blog

Monday, August 4, 2008

Mondays are for the manatees!

So far, today started out kind of slow...slow because Mommy hurt the side of her back and we didn't do much moving today. Which was fine with me because I wanted to read a lot, and watch Daddy get ready for work. After he left, Mommy made me a peanut butter waffle and it was awesome! It literally took me 30 minutes to finish and I kept licking the roof of my mouth which made her laugh until her side hurt even worse. Eventually I took a morning cat nap and when I woke up, Mommy told me we had company coming over. Ms. Melissa showed up with Max and Nolan and they were so much fun! We got to finger paint, play "crash" with the block, check out the hand/foot washing pool in the back yard and even share watermelon! Ms. Melissa almost made Mommy cry when she gave her a super special present - a new manatee! Mommy's burned in the fire a few months ago and Ms. Melissa saw this one at Sea World last month and bought it especially for Mommy! (Ms. Melissa, my Mommy says THANK YOU...you really don't know how much that meant to her! And she's gonna sleep awesome tonight!) After the Smith family all left, me and Mommy headed to Aunt Carol's where she and Logan were swimming. 'course, we didn't stay longer than about 45 minutes because I was a grouch. I only went off the diving board 3 times and wouldn't even jump off the sides. All I wanted to do was play on the steps...which was fine until I got worried and all my red "worry spots" around my eyes got exaggerated big time! So, we just came home and I'm about to grab a little afternoon nap. When I wake up, Mommy says that Daddy will probably be home and we'll all have dinner together and maybe, just maybe, watch some more "word world!" Hee hee hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home