abby's blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mommy mail...

Hey guys, it's me - Barbara. Long story short (ha ha ha) if you read Abby's last blog, you know that she's on vacation! Thursday afternoon (after a wonderful morning she had with her Ms. Jess) Abbers and I headed to Sandestin where Gramercy was waiting. When we got there, first things were first - we checked out Gramercy's new metallic blue 2008 VW convertible! On our way to dinner at the Back Porch, Abby decided convertible's were fun - especially when watching the top go up and down. Gramercy took over the reins that night and found out how much fun, bath time, dance parties and bed times are...and I say that in jest because Abby did not have a good first night at the condo. She was a bit confused as to where she was and that led to her being up most of the night playing in between Gramercy and I in the master bedroom bed. On Friday I spent the day at the spa (where every mother needs to visit while the kiddos are with the grandparents! ha!) and Abby spent the day with Gramercy. We met for lunch at Pompano Joes and then an evening of me back at the spa (I loved Friday!) and Gramercy taking Abby swimming after her hot dog dinner at home. Friday night she was used to the condo so it was a smooth and uneventful night for all! On Saturday we decided to shop...one of Abby's favorite spots was Barnes & Noble - the girl could have stayed there all day with the train station, reading/dance stage, books, toys, etc. We got full on lunch at The Crab Trap and then headed home for a much needed afternoon nap, for all of us! Saturday night we had a pizza party at home, went for some night swimming and then another dance party. This morning I got in lots of hugs and kisses before I headed back for home. Abby is staying with her Gramercy all week...Papa Doc will be joining them on Tuesday night. They've got lots of things on their agenda including water parks, swimming, eating, alligators, more bookstore trips, golfing, a PJ breakfast, crashing a medical conference party and tons of playtime! While she's there this week, I'm leaving with the Youth Group for our week long church camp tomorrow morning and Eric will be at home working (and enjoying a very very very quiet week! I think he's already got a "Do Not Disturb" sign ready to hang on the door as soon as I leave - ha!) Eric and I are going to meet back up on Friday night to head back to Sandestin where we've got more golf plans (Papa Doc and Eric that is), shopping and swimming plans! We'll all be staying with Gramercy & Papa Doc until Sunday morning when we come back home for church and our Down By The Creek Bank play. So....until sometime next week (when these Wades officially shut down for a long long quiet at home break - ha!), I wish all of you "health, wealth and happiness" (wink, wink Papa Doc!) and we'll talk with you later!

P.S. Enjoy some of the pics I took over the last 4 days...you know I wouldn't go anywhere without the camera!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Such cute pictures!!!! Looks like she is having a blast with her Gramercy!!!

July 22, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home