1 and 1/2 stars for this actress...
No, no...1 and 1/2 stars doesn't mean anything about my dramatic performances. (Mommy and Daddy say I get 5 out of 5 stars for those - the good, the bad and the ugly! Ha!). But 1 and 1/2 means something entirely different for me today....that's exactly how old I am! It was 18 months ago today that I was born. Daddy says like it was just yesterday he was carrying me out of Mommy's surgery room to meet my new family (before the first scrub down, hee hee). Mommy says it seems like just the other day she was buying only size 1 diapers. They both say that it's all gone by so fast but they've loved every minute of it. This morning we were talking about all of the things I've learned to do since my last big birthday (1 year back in February). Now I can walk, run, talk, brush my teeth all by myself, sit on my potty, climb up steps, put together puzzles, read books, build with my blocks, drive my 4 wheeler, swim with floaties, jump of diving boards, draw, eat big people food, associate names with people, kiss, hug, follow directions, clean up after playing, tell Mommy and Daddy what I want, and take showers. But even though I've learned all these new things, I still do one thing the best - LOVE! I'm so lovable. I like to kiss people, snuggle with people, sit in your lap and read, run to Mommy and Daddy, etc. I just like to be loved and give lots of love back. It's really my favorite thing to do. And laugh. And sometimes scream - Mommy said I have to put that in there for all the other Mommies that didn't know the "Terrible 2's" start as 12 months. Good luck she says! Ha! And soon I'll be getting my professional 1 and 1/2 pictures taken so if you want one, even family members, tell Mommy NOW (she's serious!!) - 'course, I gotta wait until my black eye and yellow head bruises go away so I look like I haven't been beaten up at home, ha ha! But hopefully we'll be taking and ordering my big birthday pics next week.
We celebrated my birthday today by me and Daddy going out on a "Saturday morning" trip.
We brought back home breakfast and I was all smiles! Then we got dressed and got going visiting and shopping. (Of course!) We stopped by Wings to see Ms. Jamie and I got to become a "Kopter Kid" - minus the "Kopter" and the "Kid" parts! (You probably don't know what that means but I know Ms. Jamie is smiling right now while she's reading...right, Ms. Jamie? Ha ha!) Then me and Mommy went to Linens N Things, Michaels and Target. We're in the process of changing the guest bathroom into MY bathroom! And after all of our shopping today, we only managed to find one of the 10 things we wanted and needed...yes, Daddy, I really NEED those things! Ha! After shopping we headed home and I was exhausted. Since Daddy had gone to play golf, it was quiet and I decided a nap was the perfect thing to to. When I woke up, I had some dinner (hot dogs of course!) and headed over to Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's
pool. Mommy was kind of shocked though because I wanted nothing to do with the diving board - except for one time. But I wanted to swim back and forth from the deep to the shallow about a thousand times. When we got home and got bathed, Daddy came back from golfing. I had a mini dance party to some silly country gospel singing we found on t.v. and then I just went goofy. I was laughing, falling down, acting crazy. I'm about to call it a night so Mommy reminded me I had to post my big birthday blog before bedtime. Have a great night everyone!P.S. More big news that I can spill the beans on now! (I've stopped telling you I have a big secret because I got tired of saying over and over again that "No, my secret isn't that Mommy's pregnant." So now I'm just gonna tell my secrets when they no longer have to be considered secrets, OK! Ha ha!) Our good family friend, Ms. Rhonda, is getting married! Yea! Ms. Rhonda and Mr. Keith are getting married on August 31st in Gatlinburg! We are so excited for her, her girls and her new family! Congratulations to the Bride-to-be....The Future Mrs. Rhonda Underwood!


1 Comments:
I'm glad you two stopped by yesterday! Please tell your mommy to take a picture of you in the shirt I made you and then tell her to please email it to me ;)
Love,
Jamie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home