Doctor's Orders
Today started off soooo awesome! I woke up laughing...but that didn't last long! After a few minutes I remembered that we were going to have a busy busy day and I started thinking I didn't get enough sleep - and I'm still super constipated (yes, we tried medicine and fruits and veggies...I was j
ust stopped up!). But Daddy and Mommy said there was just no time for anymore sleeping or being grumpy so we all got up, got dressed and got going! Mommy and I headed to Dr. Mac's office for my 18 month check up. We got there a few minutes early and I spent the time working on one of the toys in the waiting room - and talking to the fish! I didn't want to go back when my name was called so it was a long slow walk to the examination room. But here's what we found out: (1) Weight - 26 pounds (2) Height - 2 feet, 9 inches (3) Motor skills - awesome! (4) Cognitive skills - at the 2 year(+) range already....Dr. Mac was impressed I asked her "where's the book?" and also told her the back of the book had the colors "red and yellow"...she said that was SUPER! I said tons of words for her...I told her that a "turtle" and an "octopus" are found "in the water" where I go "swimming!" And then I showed her how I jump off the side of the pool. No, seriously I showed here. You see, there was a section of the exam room like a window seat that was only 1 foot off the ground. I climbed up there, turned around, put my toes on the edge, said "1, 2, 3" and jumped down! Dr. Mac was speechless - she was sooooo impressed! And I loved all over Dr. Mac - especially when I heard that today was NO shots, just a check up and my free book all about lady bugs.
After my check up, we ran to get some kisses from Daddy at his office (right next to Dr. Mac's office), and then on to Mommy's office where she met with a client. I love hanging out with Ms. Kelsey while Mommy's working but today I was not a happy camper. Not only did I fuss, throw my cookies everywhere, scream, get upset and act out - I found the firm's server and SHUT IT DOWN!!!! Mommy was mortified! We got out of there as fast as we could before I caused any more trouble! We stopped by Target and Mommy got upset they didn't have what she wanted...so we were going to go home but I told her that food was a priority right then and there. And she's telling me right now that I better type that I told her so loud it made her ears hurt! Since it was only 10:45 AM, we headed to Shoney's for "brunch" which turned into "lunch" with Daddy! Yea! I had a blast at lunch with my two most favorite people in the world - Daddy and Mommy! After that we came home and pulled into the driveway at exactly noon. That's when I turned to Mommy and said "night night" and went into my room.
Mommy helped me into my crib and I slept until 2 PM when we got a call from Aunt Heather. She said she and Cousin Whitney were going swimming and wanted to know if we wanted to go too! I told Mommy of course I wanted to go! We hung out swimming, laughing, splashing, jumping (I went off the diving board and the sides) and eating a snack from Aunt Carol - yummy! But soon it was time to get ready for tonight's Open H
ouse at my school: First United Methodist Church in Enterprise. We headed there to met my teachers, see my classroom, get my schedule and get my school supplies list....hm, more shopping apparently! School's gonna be awesome this year. And after Open House, we saw Ryan, Taylor, Mr. Greg, Ms. Ve
da and Ms. Stephanie and they invited us to Smoochies....like I'm gonna turn down a chocolate ice cream cone from Smoochies!!!! Ryan and Taylor rode with me and Mommy and we met all those "older" kids there! Ha! It was definitely a fun night but now we're back home and I'm about to call it a night...talk to you tomorrow!
ust stopped up!). But Daddy and Mommy said there was just no time for anymore sleeping or being grumpy so we all got up, got dressed and got going! Mommy and I headed to Dr. Mac's office for my 18 month check up. We got there a few minutes early and I spent the time working on one of the toys in the waiting room - and talking to the fish! I didn't want to go back when my name was called so it was a long slow walk to the examination room. But here's what we found out: (1) Weight - 26 pounds (2) Height - 2 feet, 9 inches (3) Motor skills - awesome! (4) Cognitive skills - at the 2 year(+) range already....Dr. Mac was impressed I asked her "where's the book?" and also told her the back of the book had the colors "red and yellow"...she said that was SUPER! I said tons of words for her...I told her that a "turtle" and an "octopus" are found "in the water" where I go "swimming!" And then I showed her how I jump off the side of the pool. No, seriously I showed here. You see, there was a section of the exam room like a window seat that was only 1 foot off the ground. I climbed up there, turned around, put my toes on the edge, said "1, 2, 3" and jumped down! Dr. Mac was speechless - she was sooooo impressed! And I loved all over Dr. Mac - especially when I heard that today was NO shots, just a check up and my free book all about lady bugs.
After my check up, we ran to get some kisses from Daddy at his office (right next to Dr. Mac's office), and then on to Mommy's office where she met with a client. I love hanging out with Ms. Kelsey while Mommy's working but today I was not a happy camper. Not only did I fuss, throw my cookies everywhere, scream, get upset and act out - I found the firm's server and SHUT IT DOWN!!!! Mommy was mortified! We got out of there as fast as we could before I caused any more trouble! We stopped by Target and Mommy got upset they didn't have what she wanted...so we were going to go home but I told her that food was a priority right then and there. And she's telling me right now that I better type that I told her so loud it made her ears hurt! Since it was only 10:45 AM, we headed to Shoney's for "brunch" which turned into "lunch" with Daddy! Yea! I had a blast at lunch with my two most favorite people in the world - Daddy and Mommy! After that we came home and pulled into the driveway at exactly noon. That's when I turned to Mommy and said "night night" and went into my room.
Mommy helped me into my crib and I slept until 2 PM when we got a call from Aunt Heather. She said she and Cousin Whitney were going swimming and wanted to know if we wanted to go too! I told Mommy of course I wanted to go! We hung out swimming, laughing, splashing, jumping (I went off the diving board and the sides) and eating a snack from Aunt Carol - yummy! But soon it was time to get ready for tonight's Open H
ouse at my school: First United Methodist Church in Enterprise. We headed there to met my teachers, see my classroom, get my schedule and get my school supplies list....hm, more shopping apparently! School's gonna be awesome this year. And after Open House, we saw Ryan, Taylor, Mr. Greg, Ms. Ve
da and Ms. Stephanie and they invited us to Smoochies....like I'm gonna turn down a chocolate ice cream cone from Smoochies!!!! Ryan and Taylor rode with me and Mommy and we met all those "older" kids there! Ha! It was definitely a fun night but now we're back home and I'm about to call it a night...talk to you tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home