abby's blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Give me a boost, please!

Who is it that said summer is over? Not me! Today was a hot hot summer day and I did what most kiddos my age love to do in the summer - play, eat, nap and swim! This morning Mommy and Daddy had to go to work so I headed over to Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's - he's the birthday boy today! Happy Birthday, Ra Ra! When Mommy came back to get me a couple of hours later, I wanted a morning nap...so we headed home and I zonked out. When I woke up, we headed out to meet Ms. Katie and Ellie for lunch at the Mellow Mushroom. And I have big news about lunch...and nope, it's not that I shared a pizza with Mommy...and nope, it's not that I hit my head on the table and now have a red nose to match my yellow forehead and black eye (both of which are finally looking better now, thank goodness!) ... it's the fact that I didn't have to sit in a highchair but I got my own booster seat! I can only do that in restaurants that have booths that are close to the table. And Mellow Mushroom is perfect for that! I loved my booster seat. I sat in it while I colored, threw crayons at Ellie (I have lovely table manners - wink wink), drank my water, spilled my water, put my hands in my water, and finally ate a piece of pizza. After lunch we all headed back over to Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's for some swimming. I swam from 2 PM until 4:10 PM - that's a record for me! I had a blast with Ellie, Ms. Katie and Aunt Carol. I jumped off the diving board, jumped off the sides, and pour lots of bottles of water out into the grass! Ha! Of course, by the time 4 o'clock rolled around I was beyond tired and grouchy...and my constipation today isn't helping my mood at all. We just said goodbye to everyone and I'm about to call it an afternoon. On our 1 minute ride home I had my fingers in my mouth and my blanket all wrapped up by my face so Mommy knew I was ready for my afternoon nap...even though this is more like an early evening nap! Mommy said I better get lots of sleep tonight though because tomorrow is a FULL day for us...tune in later to see what's happening....bye bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home