2007 Peanut Festival
Tonight we were "Rockin' and Rollin' at the P-Nut Festival"...at least that was this year's theme and it was so much fun! In fact, after Mommy picked me up from school this morning (where Ms. Kim and Ms. Natalia said I had a great day!), she reminded me about going to the fair! So, we ran home for me to get a good afternoon nap and then get ready for our big night. Unfortunately, Daddy was stuck in a mediation in Montgomery so we called in another date for the night - Ms. Jessica! We headed to pick her up from cheerleading practice and let her get in her jeans and jacket. (Since it felt like it was freezing last night!) Then it was off to Dothan and the fairgrounds. There was so much to do...some things I liked, some things not so much! Ha! But we enjoyed going through it all - the circus, the petting zoo, the High-5 monkey (Leroy), the calf scramble, the greasy pig contest, the games, the carnival rides (no, I didn't do any of those but hopefully Ms. Jess' boyfriend, Brandon, is going to go back on Saturday night to play a certain game and win me a big stuffed brown and white dog I saw and fell in love with!), eating dinner (we stopped at the fireman's booth to support them and although I only got a cracker - since I'd already had dinner - it was still neat!) and checking out all of the cars, boats, tractors, motorcycles, etc...and we saw lots of people we knew including Ms. Melissa (with Max and Nolan), lots of Ms. Jess' cheerleading and softball friends, and Ms. Jennifer & Mr. Johnathan from church. And as much as I liked all of those things, my all time favorite thing was the big tall wooden peanut by the boiled peanut booth. I sat there for several minutes just laughing and laughing - and waving back to him since one of his hands could move and wave to us! Every time we walked by him, I made Mommy and Ms. Jess stop so I could talk, laugh and wave to Mr. Peanut. The fair was sooo much fun! I already can't wait until next year's fair!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home