abby's blog

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sunny Saturday

What a great day for a festival! This morning, Mommy and Daddy reminded me that today was the Enterprise Boll Weevil Festival downtown. (Enterprise celebrates the Boll Weevil because a long time ago it used to eat the cotton crop so farmers were forced to plant something else - peanuts! And they've been making lots and lots of money off planting peanuts ever since. Hence, the Peanut Festival we're going to in a few days!) Well, we went to the downtown festival - where there is a fountain and monument to the Boll Weevil - and it was so much fun. We saw my school baked goods booth (Where we found out Mommy's cookies sold out right away - they said everyone wanted them! Wow - Mommy getting top billing at a baked goods sale, who'd have thunk it? Ha!), we saw Ms. Melissa, and we ran into lots of friends including Ryan and Mattie. When we got home, I decided to take a nap, Mommy decided to work on some Halloween surprises and Daddy went hunting. When he got home, I sure surprised him because he caught me dressing up Penelope the Pumpkin! Remember Penelope? I got her yesterday at the pumpkin patch! Since I'm too young to carve, I decided to paint Penelope. Mommy thought I'd want to use a sponge brush but I told her no way - it was finger painting time. But, it turns out that I did not like having that paint on my fingers one bit. I'm just like Daddy sometimes! After painting Penelope, Mommy wanted me to paint our special white pumpkin with a black spider made out of my hand and fingerprints. So, "Itsy" was born...isn't she pretty? (Mommy says "Thanks a lot Aunt Robyn...what drama we had painting Itsy! It wasn't exactly as EASY as you said! Poor Itsy looks more like a shedding tarantula than a cute little spider!") After painting, it was definitely time for a bath...and now I'm off to sleep! Tomorrow morning we're up bright and early for PBC's Annual Tailgate Breakfast - where I get to wear my BAMA cheerleading uniform! Night night!





Oh, Don't forget to check out this morning's blog and post your caption for my Costume Caption Contest! You may be the winner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home