abby's blog

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Name that tune


OK, OK...I've been waiting all day to show all of you how I can play the piano on my new Leap Frog learning table. Go ahead and ask me what song I've been practicing today? I bet if I start singing the words, you will catch on. Ready? Here goes:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday Aunt Robyn and Aunt Kelly,

Happy Birthday to you!

Yep...those crazy two turn 25 years old today! Wow...me and Mommy spent a lot of time today talking about the number 25. For example, there's 25 cents in a quarter (me and Mommy sorted out lots of quarters today - I love money! I'm ready to go shopping again - ha!), it's a square number (but not like the kind of squares we drew on our paper today - a different kind!), the minimum age for most car rental places (I loved making the "vroom, vroom" sound today), it's considered a "silver" anniversary in wedding years (I got to play with Mommy's silver jewelry today) and it's the name of a card game in Ireland (we played lots and lots of games today - my favorite was Peek-A-Bo with the blanket!). But today the number 25 was all for Aunt Robyn and Aunt Kelly! This morning I got to talk to Aunt Robyn as I was waking up and then this afternoon I got to talk to Aunt Kelly's answering machine. I told them how much I love them and hope they have had a GREAT birthday! I love you, Aunt Robyn! I love you, Aunt Kelly! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

P.S. Today was my 2nd day of school - I love school! I played with my new friends including Maddie, Ben and Conner. Ms. Kim and Ms. Natalia told Mommy I had a blast today! I can't wait to go back on Monday morning!

P.S.S. When I got home from school today, Mommy noticed I was feeling a little hot. When I woke up from my afternoon nap, she took my temp and it was 101.1...she and Daddy think it's because of my teething but they aren't sure. I'm not acting sick and I'm still my normal happy self. I got some Tylenol to reduce the fever and then some yummy turkey tetrazzini! Mommy said she'll check me again around bath time to see if it's changed.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

abby thank you so much for my birthday song on my voicemail and for singing for me again this afternoon!!! i am so lucky to be one of your Aunts!!!

September 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to me
happy birthday to me
happy birthday to abby's favorite aunt
happy birthday to me

xoxo aunt robyn

(this is clearly just to ensure that any and all other aunts have their work cut out for them, i mean seriously, who else did you pee all over in gadsden? isn't that a sign of affection these days?? and the pooping in the four runner, the first time i drove it.....again, pure love i am sure!)

September 15, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home