abby's blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

I've got a frog in my throat...

Just a small note from Mommy today about what's going on....Hey everyone. Well, yesterday was a GREAT first Mother's Day for me! I started out by having a breakfast at the church with the youth group, winning the present at church for being the youngest mom (a tradition at our church where on Mother's Day they honor the youngest and oldest mothers at PBC - funny story too because I was the youngest and Eric's Meemaw was the oldest!), coming home to a wonderful Mother's Day steak lunch, getting lots of presents and cards (my deck swing, picture frames, clothing, jewelry!), and then getting to spend the rest of my day snuggling with my little punkin. The only thing was, my punkin was/is sick. Eric and I thought at the beginning her fever was due to teething but after other symptoms started showing up (constant coughing, more sneezing, red eyes and not sleeping) I called the Doctor's office. Come to find out, they said it sounded like a cold. I couldn't figure out where she got it from, until I talked to her Aunt Heather. Remember the post about how we went to the lake with Aunt Heather and Cousin Whitney? Well, little Whitney ended up getting a cold the next couple of days and we think that's how Abby got it. Same symptoms and everything. I called the Doctor's office back to confirm and they said keep lots of fluid in her, baby Tylenol, keep suctioning out her nose and give her lots of love. So...we did. All night last night. She finally fell asleep on my lap (while we were on my new deck swing - so YEA for Mother's Day gifts!!!!) and didn't have too bad of a night. I'm hoping by tonight she'll be symptom free for the most part - keep your fingers crossed with me! I'm sure once she's up and feeling better, Abby will want to post something for you all to read!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

seriously, can you make the font larger - i must be getting old, but i need it a little larger!

May 14, 2007 at 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Abby feeling better yet?

May 16, 2007 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home