abby's blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Yummy in the tummy!

Last night I tried my first "semi-solid" food - rice cereal! Yep, the doctor said it was OK to start me on a little bit of cereal at night before I go to bed. Dr. Mac told Mommy to go ahead and try getting me used to eating with a spoon too. So, after bath time, Mommy and Daddy sat me down and we tried out this whole cereal thing...it didn't go so good! In fact, to be honest - it went EVERYWHERE! I was OK with the spoon and cereal but Mommy just couldn't get it into my mouth fast enough! I was trying to eat the cereal, the spoon and the bib! And cereal was going all down my clothes, my hands, my arms, my face, etc.! After about 10 minutes of the bowl and spoon, I got too fussy and I was just spitting everything out. So, Daddy put the rest of my bed time snack into a bottle and I drank it. I still had my normal sleep routine too - I was asleep after the bottle and woke up again about 4 AM for my night time snack, went back to sleep and woke up at 7:30 AM for breakfast. But me and Mommy were taking this morning and we think all-in-all that it was a good try last night and we'll try again tonight too! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home