He's headed to town...
OK, I know that it's not even Turkey Day and people are getting ready for the big Christmas holiday. The thing is, as much as we love Thanksgiving, Mommy and Daddy have been reminding me about the big job that Santa Claus has - he's getting his Good and Bad lists ready and taking present orders!!! When Mommy found out that he was going to be in Dothan for a few weeks, we decided we'd better head on over there - especially since all of our Friday and Saturday nights are basically booked up from now until Christmas! So, we met Daddy for dinner and then walked to Santa's big set up. He's visiting town and letting people come see him at the Mall - where he has a huge Christmas tree set up and it's so gorgeous! All during dinner, I talked the big talk...told Mommy about how I was going to tell Santa all about what gifts I wanted. I said I was going to go with Daddy to talk to Santa. Then I saw the big guy and froze. Literally. I didn't move an inch. And my grip around Mommy's hand got tighter and tighter. I got about 3 feet away from Santa but wouldn't go any closer. Not with Daddy. Not with Mommy. Not with Mr. Jason. Santa stood up and let me sit in his big chair (which I liked) but I would let him sit
back down with me. Eventually we all got ready to leave and I heard Mommy say, "Go give Santa a goodbye hug." Mommy told me later on she just said it not thinking I actually would but I surprised everyone by running into Santa's arms, letting him pick me up, and giving him a goodbye hug and kiss! Everyone was laughing saying "where did that come from?" I told Mommy it was Santa's hat that scared me. And I'm kind of upset that I didn't tell him what presents I want this year but Mommy and Daddy said that I can still write him a letter so I'm getting to work on that right away!
back down with me. Eventually we all got ready to leave and I heard Mommy say, "Go give Santa a goodbye hug." Mommy told me later on she just said it not thinking I actually would but I surprised everyone by running into Santa's arms, letting him pick me up, and giving him a goodbye hug and kiss! Everyone was laughing saying "where did that come from?" I told Mommy it was Santa's hat that scared me. And I'm kind of upset that I didn't tell him what presents I want this year but Mommy and Daddy said that I can still write him a letter so I'm getting to work on that right away!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home