abby's blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lil Peanut

Well, what a day yesterday turned out to be! When Mommy came to pick me up from school, we made a pit stop at the grocery store and then home to do something that I've never done before - pick peanuts! Mr. Ned farms one of the fields around our house and he said we could go out there and get some. So, we trotted out there and after about 1 minute, I said enough and called it quits! It's not all it's cracked up to be. And it's super dirty. I mean, I may like eating peanuts (especially when they are dipped in chocolate, ha!) but picking them, well, that's just not something I was meant to do. Period. But...because I was such a good sport with everything I did yesterday, Mommy called Santa's Workshop and told the operator to tell Santa I was being good. The operator told us that Santa was busy taking care of Dancer the reindeer, who was sick. But she was going to tell Santa how good I'm being! Mommy and Daddy said that Santa's working on his Good List and I definitely plan to be on it this year! When Daddy got home we had some yummy dinner (thanks, Mr. Homer!) and then almost called it a night. I was sooo tired - probably because I only slept about an hour at school. I'm still on Fall Break time, ha! When I finally did zonk out, morning came super fast! And as soon as I was up, I was basically getting dressed and ready to go out with Mommy. We made a few quick pit stops before heading to Dothan to go to Mommy's office to see baby Nevaeh - get it? Heaven spelled backward - but we call her Vaeh (sounds like Vay-uh)....she's only 3 weeks old, 9 pounds, soooo super cute and snuggable! Her Mommy is Mommy's friend, Ms. Kelsey. Ms. Kelsey brought her by the office so me and Mommy could meet her. And I loved getting to sit with her and feed her some milk. Then after hanging out there for a while, we said goodbye and headed to lunch...with Daddy! And I ate, and ate, and ate, and ate. Shrimp, mashed potatoes, chips, cucumbers and salad. Whew! Now I'm home and I'm so full that I've gotten a bit sleepy! I think I'm gonna go take a nap - toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home