abby's blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back from the beach...for a lil while at least!

There's no place like home, there's no place like home...or as I so adorably called Sandestin this past weekend, "our new home." Ha ha! I really do love going to the beach and this past weekend was no exception. On Thursday we got down to the beach and checked into our condo on the 17th floor at the Luau. It was awesome - a waterfall pool, a sunset observation deck, a game room, an exercise room, and anything else you could ask for! After a quick stop for hugs and kisses to Gramercy and Papa Doc, me, Mommy and Daddy all went to dinner at Poppy's to celebrate Father's Day with Daddy! I loved eating with him...and by "eating with him" I mean I loved eating his steak! Ha ha! Then it was time for the jelly bean store - yummy! When we got back to our "new home" we continued to celebrate the big day with Daddy by giving him his presents. Super cool sunglasses that he loves! And some golf things too...who would have guessed that's what he wanted, ha ha! I finally started to wind down and loved it when I found out that I got to sleep in the magic bed that during the day was the living room couch, super cool!



On Friday Daddy had to go to a seminar and Papa Doc had a meeting so I went with Mommy and Gramercy to the beach, the pool, lunch and then the beach and pool all over again! It was so much fun. In fact, I wore myself out and actually took a beach side snooze in Gramercy's arms! After my real nap in the condo late in the afternoon, I woke up to get bathed and dressed for dinner. We swung by G & PD's house to celebrate Father's Day with Papa Doc! And then all 5 of us packed up in the 4Runner and headed to the new Jim n Nicks. Yummy! I zonked out on the way home and before I knew it, it was Saturday morning!





And speaking of Saturday morning, it wasn't too long before I realized it wasn't going to be just any old Saturday. Daddy went back to a meeting and G & PD showed up before 8 AM to whisk me away not only for the day, but for a night time slumber party as well! I had so much fun with swimming, snacking, lunching, playing, baking, duck feeding, bathing, and lots of laughing! Mommy went off to the beach by herself and then met up with Daddy later on and they went off to some date night (and I heard they went swimming without me - and even to a fancy steak dinner without me - how dare they, ha ha!).



This morning Mommy and Daddy came and picked me up from G & PD's house at 8 AM and I had to give my kisses goodbye....we were heading back home for church. But I found out that we will be back in only a few HOURS, wook hoo!!!!! I love the beach and can't wait to go back!


P.S. You know what today is? FATHER'S DAY!!!!! I've got the best Daddy in the world and I just want to say that I love love love him! Daddy, thanks for everything you do for me! Although we celebrated on Friday night while we were at the beach, I got to spend some nice alone time with Daddy tonight having a "Father's Day" corn dog dinner - yum! My Daddy is my hero and I love him...especially since he fell for my con tonight and I'm going to get to stay up late tonight and watch Beauty and the Beast with him, ha ha!
I love you Daddy!
Happy Father's Day! Love, Stinky
(P.S.S. Don't you think it's time to get a new, nicer nickname - HA HA HA HA HA!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home