abby's blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memories on Memorial Day

Well, the birthday celebrations for Daddy are almost over..."almost" because we still have some ice cream in our freezer that just HAS to be eaten, right? Ha ha! After a great Sunday morning singing and eating breakfast with Daddy, we headed to church. I told you earlier that Sunday was gonna be a crazy day because not only was it a Graduate's Day at church, but Mommy and Daddy were cooking dinner for the graduates. Mommy came and got me out of the nursery a bit early so I could help put the finishing touches on the luncheon decorations....and it was a super yummy meal - including more chocolate cake, yea! But then Sunday afternoon I started feeling cruddy. I was coughing and sneezing and then threw up all over Mommy. We stayed home Sunday night and when Monday morning came around, I was feeling a bit more like myself. In fact, I felt so much like myself that I told Mommy we just HAD to go shopping during the Memorial Day sales! Daddy was off to play golf so Mommy and I packed up...and packed Ms. Jen with us. We headed to the mall and you know that the first two stops always are: Chick-fil-A at the "baby table" and the Merry-go-round! I had a great time shopping with Ms. Jen - and trying on a new dress she bought me. Thanks! Mommy thought it was such a long morning that I'd zonk out on the way home but NOPE, not me! I finally fell asleep around 3 PM, only to see Mommy and Daddy in my room about 45 minutes later reminding me that we had to get dressed for dinner. Nana and Papa were grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, pork chops and ribs at their house for a Memorial Day dinner! Yummy! But playing and shopping all day long with only a 45 minute nap didn't put me in a very good mood. I finally chilled out when we all watched Cinderella...again! (It's right up there with Tinkerbell as the best movie of all time, don't you think?) Daddy finally said it was time to pack up our stuff and head home around 7:15...and as soon as we got home, I turned to Mommy and said "night night" and literally went right to bed! Mommy and Daddy were shocked! I slept without making a peep (or a cough - yea!) until almost 7 AM today! Wowzers I was tired! And today we've been working really hard on cleaning...you know, like Cinderella - who I watched again this morning, ha! Daddy just came home for lunch and we all had some yummy chili dogs together. Now he's going back to work and me and Mommy are headed to go sit with Meemaw while Nana goes to the doctor. It was a great weekend....but back to reality today! Hope everyone else enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home