In the hood!
I just had the BEST weekend, ever! It was so much fun and I've been on pins and needles trying to get Mommy to hurry up and help me post this blog to let you know what happened. On Friday, Daddy, Mommy and I packed up her 4Runner and headed north to "Bur-men-ham!" (a.k.a. Birmingham - one of my favorite places!) My Aunt Kelly was having a graduation celebration weekend because she graduated from Mommy and Daddy's old school, Cumberland! Wow - three attorneys in the family!! When we got to the hotel (Embassy Suites) we found Aunt Kelly, Aunt Robyn, Gramercy and Papa Doc! I couldn't wait to hug them all and tell them how much I loved them! We handed out a few gifts and then Aunt Robyn said she was ready to go swimming! I had so much fun...even Mommy, Papa Doc and Gramercy got in the pool! After swimming, we had a pool-side dinner from Jim N' Nicks - yummy! But soon I was sleepy tired and headed back up to our room (through the BIG glass elevator) for night time...and little did I know I missed the party of the season in our living room! Six adults laughing so hard while playing Apples to Apples that Mommy said she didn't know how in the world I slept through it all. On Saturday morning we headed downstairs for breakfast and the daily feeding of the fish with Papa Doc. (Did you know Embassy Suites has the biggest Koi fish ever right there in the lobby pond and waterfall pool? And they LOVE Cheerios! Ha ha!) Then I hung out with Gramercy and Aunt Kelly on important business (getting the graduation cake) while Mommy and Aunt Robyn went to get pampered and Daddy and Papa Doc went to check out golf stuff. We all met back at the hotel for lunch and I zonked out for a nap. I woke up ready for a bubble bath and getting all dressed up to head to Cumberland School of Law for the big graduation. The ceremony was in the super big Wright Center and we basically had front row seats right near where Aunt Kelly ended up sitting! It was awesome! There was music, singing, laughing and lots of talking. I was a real trooper with great manners during the ceremony...except when I started reading Little Miss Muffet a bit too loud, ha! After Aunt Kelly entered the infamous HOOD (FYI: for those of you that don't know, when you get your Juris Doctorate - J.D. - you get your diploma but you also get "hooded". This means a very thick, two layered, scarf type "hood" is draped over your graduation gown and hangs down your back. It is very prestigious and entering the "hood" - ha ha - is something that shows your outstanding accomplishment.) we took tons of pictures and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and the party. We were off to Ruth Chris where I ate, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate. Seriously. Baked potatoes, french fries, shrimp, steak (strip, filet and ribeye)...AND CAKE! Yummy! Aunt Kelly opened up presents (of course I helped) and then before I knew it, it was bedtime! I gave everyone goodnight hugs and kisses - especially Aunt Kelly who was going to be leaving for home first thing in the morning. In fact, after a great night's sleep, Mommy and I woke up to find only Aunt Robyn and Gramercy awake. Then Daddy and Papa Doc started waking up. Then I decided it was time for breakfast - my first of FOUR. Yes, four breakfasts were eaten by yours truly. And surprisingly, I still had room to eat lunch that afternoon at The Cheesecake Factory. In fact, not only did I eat lunch, I also ate my own strawberry cheesecake! We knew that we had to leave Birmingham before I ate anything else so we packed up, said our goodbyes and headed home....(where I ate dinner too!). I slept almost 13 hours last night and this morning I've been chilling with Mommy at the gym, Walmart and now home. I'm about to take a nap because I've got big plans this afternoon while both Mommy and Daddy are at work! But, before I go to bed...I just want to say I had a GREAT weekend. Congrats to Aunt Kelly! More hugs and kisses to Aunt Robyn. And a huge thank you to Gramercy and Papa Doc for everything they did for us this weekend. We love love love you all and can't wait to see you again soon!
XOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXO





2 Comments:
Thanks again for coming! I had a blast hanging out with you guys! Apples to Apples was so much fun and hilarious! Love you!
Wow..whirlwind...over, yes, but body still aches! Glad to hear the "you," Abby can take it all! Gramercy and Pap Doc had a ball too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home