abby's blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Week In Review...Again

So, I'm back to playing catch up on my blog. But honestly, we were just so busy around here this past week that I had no time to sit at the computer with Mommy or Daddy. So, it's a rainy Saturday morning around here and I thought that was the perfect time to tell you guys what happened last week. Sunday was a nice relaxing day at our house. After church, I took an awesomely long nap while Daddy watched some racing and Mommy hung out with Ms. Katie. By the time Monday rolled around I was ready for some serious playing...and that's exactly what I did. With both rents out at the offices and courthouses, I headed over to Aunt Carol's house. It was a blast and by the time I got home I was ready for a nap. Then surprise! Aunt Carol was at our house with Cousin Logan. And of course, we headed outside to play, play, play! Tuesday was a school day for me and more work, work, work for Mommy and Daddy. While Mommy was making dinner Tuesday night she heard a really nice sound - me singing the entire ABC song. I will do it on my own and sometimes when I'm asked. Mommy tried to get it on video but as soon as I saw the camera, I promptly stopped singing. But I can sing every letter the entire way through. My favorite songs I sing are the ABC song, Jesus Loves Me, He's Got the Whole World, Edward the Tap Dancing Elephant and This Little Light of Mine...oh and the B-I-B-L-E song! I love to sing. I also love to count and do it all of the time...I get up to 10 but Mommy says I keep leaving out 5. I don't know why I forget 5 so much because I love giving high 5s! On Wednesday we were up bright and early and hitched a ride with Ra Ra and Aunt Carol down to the beach! You see, we had to go see Papa Doc and Gramercy because our family is getting a bit bigger! Yep, big news....we've got an addition to our family...our family of cars that is! Big Blue came into our lives this week. Gramercy and Papa Doc's conversion van is now what I call "Abby's van!" So we headed to the beach to pick up the van and of course eat at one of my favorite beach side places - Pompano Joes! After a great nap at the condo, I got to check out another new ride G & PD have...their suped up golf cart! It was so much fun to ride around Sandestin in even though I was jealous that Mommy got to drive it and all I did was ride and honk the horn! Then we had some yummy dinner at the condo and headed home and got in right at bedtime.


Thursday was another school and work day around here. But then that night we went to eat some pizza with Ms. Katie, Ellie and baby Ann Marie at the Mellow Mushroom - yummy! Then finally Friday was here...my school field trip! I'd been waiting all week for our trip to the Montgomery Zoo! We got in Big Blue and picked up the Paynes and headed out. It was so much fun! I saw tons of my friends there as well as animals - Bengal tigers, monkeys, elephants (including baby McKenna), giraffes (including a baby one!), otters, eagles, birds, alligators, bison, panthers, lions, zebras and tons more!



We finally got home late yesterday afternoon and I was ready to get a nice clean bath, eat some Fruit Loops for dinner and call it a night...I snoozed with Mommy until about 11:30 when Daddy carried me to my own bed. And now, like I said before, it's a rainy Saturday morning and I'm spending some time on the computer and more Fruit Loops - the cereal that is, not Mommy and Daddy, ha! Have a great weekend! XOXOXOXO

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had a blast at the zoo and in big blue! love and miss, aunt robyn

March 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your "Big Blue ABBY'S VAN" Honey..and you too!

March 3, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home