abby's blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tuesday's gone with the wind....

...and the rain, and the hail, and the thunder and the lightening storm...and one really scared Mommy since the last lightening storm we were in together, we ended up watching a house burn down! Yikes! But now we're all back on track with sunny weather and time to blog, post, download and all of that other good stuff!

Yesterday morning I woke up and met Ms. Katie at dance class early in the morning. I hung out with her and Ellie while both Mommy and Daddy were working. By the time Mommy came to get me, it was lunch time - apparently I'm not a fan of Chinese food but I do love little older ladies from New Brockton, ha ha! I took a great nap and when it was time to head out to swim lessons, the sky got super dark. We got to the YMCA and found out the pool had just been closed. By the time we got home it was getting pretty bad. Daddy showed up and hung out with me long enough for Mommy to go vote and then the 3 of us stayed indoors from all the bad weather. Eventually the lightening and thunder were gone and guess who Skyped with me? Gramercy and Papa Doc! They were so excited to see me walking! Woo hoo! After talking with them I crashed and slept all night long.

This morning I woke up bright and early for my 8 AM appointment with Dr. Mac. Mommy FINALLY got a good video of me getting ready to "walk" out the door for my check up. Check it out:



Me and Mommy picked up Aunt Carol on the way to Dr. Mac's office - where I HATED being examined. Mommy says I'm remembering being in the office the last 2 times when I was really sick but today wasn't going to be like those days. Finally I let my favorite Nurse Laura play with me and I even got to help Dr. Mac out with her charting...here's what she wrote:
(1) Weight - 25 pounds - 75th percentile
(2) Height - 2 1/2 feet - 75th percentile
Aren't those numbers super perfect? Dr. Mac loved to see me walk and show off - when I wasn't hiding in the corner from her that is! And I got another one of those cool books - I get one at every well check up until I turn 5 years old, neat!



After my appointment, we swung by Daddy's office so Ms. Sondra could see me walk (and sneak me in a chocolate or two! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ms. Sondra and her chocolate, ha!). Then we headed for a couple of errands in Dothan and before I knew it, we were back home - I slept the entire way and was ready to get up and get going again! So, we got in our swimsuits, picked up Aunt Heather and Cousin Whitney and headed down to Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's pool. I was so much fun - but after a few minutes I just wanted to chill out on the floats and laugh at Mommy going off the diving board. Silly Mommy! Now we're back home and I'm getting ready to sneak in another short cat nap before tonight's swim lesson. I've got to get lots of rest after class tonight because tomorrow is a big day with Ms. Jess and Mommy as well as another swim class and a visit with my Aunt Lynne, wow!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Smith Boys said...

How do you find the ENERGY???

June 4, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Chad, Jana, Alex, and Jorja said...

Loved the video of you walking! You are so precious!

June 4, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home