abby's blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Daddy's Day!

Today is a special day for my Daddy! It's Father's Day! I gave Daddy lots of kisses this morning. We had a special breakfast together at the kitchen table - just me and Daddy. I talked a lot to him about turtles, strawberries and waffles. After breakfast we got dressed and had a full day planned with other random activities, so me and Daddy decided that we'd celebrate after we all got home from church tonight. We had Daddy's favorite thing for dinner - ice cream! Ha! I helped Mommy make some homemade Oreo cookie ice cream and it was soooo yummy! Then I gave Daddy lots more things than kisses....I surprised him with a big framed picture of me we took a couple of months ago in the flowerbed Daddy takes such good care of (I'm in my BAMA cheerleading uniform and looking soooo sweet!), a fan to cool off with when playing golf, a sun shade for his big truck and a golf club (of course!). But I asked Mommy to trick Daddy so he didn't really open his golf club but rather a set of clubs for me so I could play with him - ha ha ha! After we both thoroughly examined our clubs, we ate lots and lots of ice cream, yummy! I had a great day giving Daddy lots of love, kisses and presents. I love you, Daddy!

I also wanna wish a Happy Father's Day out there to my granddaddies: Papa Doc and Papa. Happy Father's Day you two! And I hope all of my other "special" daddies have a GREAT day!

HAPPY DADDY'S DAY!
XOXOXO, Abby (a.k.a. Stinky)






P.S. My tribute to "today's" father:

Today nearly 100 years have elapsed since the first father's Day was celebrated. Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages:

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English.
Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses.
Today, it's the size of his minivan.

In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success. Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived. Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons. Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle.

In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business. Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

In 1900, a father smoked a pipe.
If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on throat cancer.

In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school."
Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for baseball practice."

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.
Today, a father comes home to a note: "The kids are at their friends house, the dog needs to be walked, the faucet is leaking, I'm at the gym - Pizza in the fridge."

In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream.
Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.."

Happy Father's Day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweetie. You make everyday great! I love you!

Daddy

June 15, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home