abby's blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

ZZZZZZ....

Boy oh boy last night was awesome! My week long swimming lessons class ended and Ms. Sally, my teacher, gave me my official Little Swimmer diploma! I can't wait to hang it up on my bulletin board. Although I learned all sorts of neat things this week (floating, kicking, water dancing, catching water ball, kick boarding, etc.) my favorite was jumping off the side - it's really fun! After swimming, Mommy and I went to Ms. Katie's house where Ellie and Grand Jan were waiting on me. It was soooo much fun! I had a blast playing with those two! I finally zonked out and guess where I fell asleep? In Grand Jan's arms! Then she let me share Ellie's BIG GIRL bed, wow! I'm getting to be such a big girl myself! After sleeping for a while, I woke up to find Mommy and Ms. Katie in the room. Mommy said we were headed home, back to my own bed. I stayed awake for the short ride home keeping Mommy company since it was so late. She told me all about the concert she was at. There were three big names she liked seeing...and I especially liked hearing all about the last one because there were lots of silly sounding Zs in the name that made me giggle. When we got home I fell right back to sleep and slept until this morning.

After breakfast and a quickie bath, I wanted to nap again. When I finally woke up, it was time to get in Nana and Papa's van for a ride to Panama City Beach for Uncle A's birthday dinner. I got to sit in the backseat with Mommy and Jen and it was the best trip I've ever had in the van. After about an 1 1/2 of riding, we stopped for some ice cream and shopping. I didn't like the shopping too much today though because it was just too hot to be walking around an outside mall! I was sweating up a storm so I had to have lots of juice and water to keep my hydrated. By the time shopping was done, we headed over to Mr. Jimmy Buffet's restaurant, Margaritaville. I was super cool - an airplane hanging from the ceiling that drops a disco ball, a lady on stilts, a boat with tvs on the sails, and lots of super cool painted walls and chairs. I of course ate my signature dish - chicken fingers (ha!) and got to sample some of Uncle A's birthday dessert. We headed back home around 4 PM and I zonked out on the ride. After my much needed afternoon nap (a quickie but a goodie!) it was time for presents. I gave Uncle A a pretty neck tie to wear to work. Before long, it was time for cake again but I wasn't interested in that - just the cookies around the table. Eventually it was almost 8 PM and that's the magic time for bed if I'm not already in it. So, me, Mommy and Daddy came home and I'm about to catch some Z's myself (just not the kind Mommy caught with those ZZ Tops last night - ha ha!)...Night night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home