abby's blog

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm baaaaccckkkk!

OK, most of you that love me (and of course, to know me is to love me - ha!), know that me and Mommy headed out of town early Wednesday morning for a Spring Break trip! Yep, my school is officially on Spring Break. We packed up, kissed Daddy goodbye (lots and lots of times because we were going to be gone for 5 days!) and drove north to Gadsden. Five fun filled days later, we headed back home and just got in a couple of hours ago. And since we were so busy, I didn't have time to blog or email anyone...but, I kept an ongoing list of my Daily Top 5....enjoy!

Wednesday's Top 5
5. Curious George, need I say more? Ha ha!
4. Going to Papa Doc's office and getting lots of love from A, C & EKG!
3. Cookies and milk at Grams' house.
2. Seeing Gramercy & Papa Doc and their b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l rental house...I especially liked the pink Winnie the Pooh crib and the pink high chair!
1. Seeing Grams sitting up, eating and kissing all over me!

Thursday's Top 5
5. Joining the Kids Club at Gold's Gym.
4. Meeting (and petting) a real live WOLF - honest to goodness!
3. Cookies and milk at Grams' house.
2. Riding in Mommy's car with Mommy & Grams...just us girls out on the town!
1. Manicure with Grams! Ohhhh-la-la!

Friday's Top 5
5. Celebrating Mother's and Father's Day with Gramercy and Papa Doc...so what if we're a little early! Wait, I don't get a present?
4. Cookies and milk at Grams' house.
3. Special business with Papa Doc.
2. My 1st facial at Belks - what girl doesn't want bright red eyebrows? Thanks, Papa Doc!
1. Having a tornado party with Mommy, Gramercy & Papa Doc in the closet. (Yep, nothing like us coming into town and having another natural disaster happen...thankfully this time we weren't hit!)
**Sad moment of the day - saying goodbye to Gramercy since she was going on her own special Spring Break trip to St. Louis and then to Denver...have a safe (and fun) trip, Gramercy!

Saturday's Top 5
5. Getting my leg caught in between the crib bars - yowzers that hurt! (Not really a Top 5 moment but I had to share it with you!)
4. Shopping at the Galleria with Papa Doc - did I mention there's a Disney store there? And guess who got a new Minnie swim suit? It was just what I needed, I promise!
3. Cookies, ice cream and milk at Grams' house.
2. Learning how to play Mommy's piano at Grams' house.
1. Playing with my new bath tub toys Gramercy bought! Polly the Pelican is my favorite!

Sunday's Top 5
5. Sleeping with Mommy during the night before since it was a rough night on my own...getting my leg caught in the crib, then later on my arm, then waking up to allergy troubles (cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneeze, etc.)...what more could I ask for during the night? Hence, the slumber party with Mommy because she says she's learned not to ever ask "what more?"
4. Dancing with Papa Doc to my new cd - awesome!
3. Cookies and milk at Grams' house.
2. Honing my new skill to perfection....go ahead, ask me for a kiss. Then ask me for a "real kiss"...Mommy says it's the cutest thing she's ever seen - and I do a TON of cute things, ha!
1. Seeing Daddy!!!!! I sure did him!

Mommy's Top 5 from the past few days:
5. Finding out that Abby's very protective about who's driving the 4Runner! You wouldn't think she's be any different but we did a little test experiment and she doesn't like anyone but her Daddy and Mommy to drive the 4Runner!
4. Realizing that only 4 people really appreciate the trauma of the actual house fire - and having to relive trauma all over again (somewhat) when we heard a tornado was right by us and we ducked for cover in a closet for about 30 minutes...and then there's the irony of the fact these 2 things happened on weekends when Abby and I were in town visiting and it was just us 4 together. 'course, I now wonder - why didn't we take L.C. into the closet? Poor cat - as if hearing "hey kitty" a thousand times and having a 14 month old chase after her for 5 days wasn't enough, she got left out of the fire party and tornado party.
3. Knowing that my heart can skip a beat but return back to normal within seconds...for example: We were at a Blues Club in town Thursday night for a fundraiser for Tigers for Tomorrow (go check out the site - it's awesome...run by some of Papa Doc's patients). Abby and I are getting cute and cuddly with a kitten only for me to find out (while Abby's ONE INCH away from this animal) that it's not a kitten but a wild wolf. We went from "hey kitty" to "buh bye" in 0.01 seconds flat! And my heart skipped a beat, or ten!
2. Seeing Abby give someone a "kiss" (she will turn her cheek to you and want you to kiss her)..then seeing her give someone a "real kiss" (she will poke out her lips and kiss you on your lips).
1. Spending time with very special loved ones - especially Grams who we saw, talked with, went out with and kissed/hugged every day. What a doll!


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Whew, sounds like you had quite a busy spring break little one! I am so glad you had lots of fun and got to eat lots of cookies and milk. One of my favorites when I visit my Gram too! Sorry about the not so fun moments- getting body parts caught in the crib, allergies, and scary tornados!

April 14, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home