abby's blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

What an awesome Easter weekend I just had! I don't know what you guys did, but it definitely couldn't have been more fun than what I did! And since I knew I probably wasn't going to be near a computer to fill you in every day, I kept a really good diary to post now that I'm back home.

Thursday, March 20th
After playgroup, I took a much needed nap and then woke up and played and played while Mommy finished packing for us to leave on our trip. When Daddy got home, he packed the truck and we were on our way to the beautiful Sandestin, where Gramercy and Papa Doc were waiting! After lots of hugs and kisses, we headed to Mangos for dinner - where we were the victim of credit card theft and a well planned restaurant scam (as if my Gramercy & Papa Doc need anything else to go through!). We finally said it was just time to get back to the condo and go to sleep - yea! I knew I needed a good rest because Mommy said the next day was going to be full of things to do! (P.S. Mommy took NO pictures tonight because she didn't want me to show you all the answer to "What else can go wrong?" - A question which we have learned NOT to ask lately!!!!)

Friday, March 21st
I slept great through the night and woke up to another beautiful day in Sandestin. It was in the 70s, a sunny sky and Papa Doc was dancing around like a toddler (something about golfing with Daddy - even though watching Daddy and Papa Doc golf makes me laugh and laugh!). When the boys went golfing, I hung out with Gramercy and Mommy. First it was a trip to the Back Porch where my food came on a Frisbee and I decided I'm a seafood lover - Amber Jack was yummy! I got to sit and cuddle next to Gramercy - I loved it!! Then we hit the stores for some much needed items for Gramercy...and a little bit for me (wait 'til you see me at your wedding, Aunt Whitney - I won't be as pretty as you but my dress for your big day is gorgeous!). And then we got a super cool item for the FL condo. A new stroller! Gramercy decided carrying a growing girl around is just too much so us grand kids got some new wheels we're keeping at the condo! And it's super cozy too! By the time we to home, Papa Doc and Daddy were ready for dinner...at the Twisted Palm! There was live music, TVs all over (even in the booths), and awesome tasting food! (Just too dark and too loud for me!) But my mac-n-cheese and OREO Speedwagon made up for it all! Just enough to fill me up and get me ready for bed after another perfect day!



Saturday, March 22nd
Oh my goodness - today was another sunny gorgeous day. We started off with breakfast at Broken Egg Cafe at the Village of Baytowne Wharf - I got the Little Rooster, yummy! Then it was time to register for the big Easter egg hunt. They said there would be about 10 kids in my age category...when over 100 showed up (and that was only for my category - not including the other kids up to age 10!) and it got too crowded, I found out the Easter Bunny had also hidden some eggs at Gramercy and Papa Doc's condo...so we headed there. And I found the coolest eggs - blue, pink, green and yellow! WOW! After my big hunt, I was exhausted. When I went to sleep, Mommy went to the spa, Daddy & Papa Doc went golfing and Gramercy waited for me to wake up for our big afternoon. It was so much fun! Lunch at the condo, shopping and barefoot playing in the Market Place sandbox playground! Then we all got dressed and ready for a fancy night at the Melting Pot. What a cool restaurant. Although we didn't sit in "Lover's Lane" we got a neat table in the Family Circle - ha ha! The fondue station is right at your table. I got to try it all - cheese, meat and the yummy chocolate dessert. Dinner took about 2 hours so I got a tad bit fussy but everyone helped me out and it ended up being a great night!




Sunday, March 23rd
HAPPY EASTER! While I was sleeping last night, the Easter Bunny came and visited me...he left me 5 presents (hidden of course!), a basket full of goodies and he even used my baby bottom powder to leave a special foot print with his note! After searching for all of my presents, I found out Gramercy and Papa Doc gave me some Easter surprises - a cool butterfly chair and tent full of goodies! When I finally got to look at all of the stuff I got this morning, I realized that I really made it big this holiday - clothes, a polka dotted bikini, shoes, Little People toys (pirates, dogs and Noah's Ark), music CDs, puzzles, bath toys, books, the tent & chair and a cool Bunny ball - WOW...Easter was awesome! Oh wait, did I mention all of the CANDY!!!! It was SUPER awesome! Soooo awesome that I ended up taking a quick hour nap before even breakfast! But I got a "pre" breakfast of waffles and milk in my new chair - and then another breakfast of pancakes and Daddy's chocolate milk. Then it was time for lots of playing with all my new Easter surprises....including hanging out in the tent with Daddy! And we even got to color Easter eggs at the kitchen table! My favorite was Daddy's "chocolate" egg!!! And I laughed when I heard about raw eggs given to my Papere! Ha ha! I eventually wore myself out AGAIN and took another nap. When I woke up, it was time for lunch on the beach at Pompano Joe's....Mahi Mahi was sooo tasty - but didn't compare to the Tuna Dip with Pita bread! And then there was the trip to Kilwin's....where I became a "Superman" girl for sure! But all good things must come to an end so we packed up and headed home. Mommy, Daddy, Gramercy and Papa Doc thought I was going to sleep the whole trip home but I surprised them and stayed awake the whole time! When we got back to Enterprise, I saw Nana, Pa and Uncle A for a few minutes and got some super cool Easter surprises from them too...including another Bunny ball, so I've got 2 now, how neat! Then it was time for bath and bed where I slept the entire night through - zonked out from such a great weekend!






HOPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!
Hops and Hugs,
Abby Lee

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Frances said...

Now I CAN'T WAIT to go to Destin!!!

March 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home