abby's blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

Rain, rain go away

Ugh, what an ugly morning...hopefully this day will turn out to be prettier than it started! First thing this morning (literally around 1:30 AM), Mommy was at my crib side saying it was time for some milk. I was totally confused and started giggling like crazy - a little loopy Mommy said! Apparently she wanted to get some milk in my belly because I couldn't have anything 4 hours before my testing so it was then or never...I'm glad she chose then! Ha! Anyhoo...we got to the hospital (through the torrential downpour, lightening and thunder storm) by 6:20. I was admitted, given a room and had to put on a special baby's hospital gown. Nurse Elaina came and got me and wheeled me to radiology. There I had me drink some magic milk. It was weird though because I had to drink it while lying on my side in this big huge machine. But I wasn't scared at all...I was such a trooper! Dr. Lund came in to perform the tests and did lots of tugging, pulling, prodding, looking, picture taking, and lots of other things me and Mommy didn't know what he was doing but we trusted him! By 7:45 Dr. Lund told Mommy the last test was over and I did perfect! We were able to see the results on the t.v. screen and apparently, Dr. Mac was right - we definitely ruled out any reflux problems! Yea! Of course, that means we're back to seeing if it's only allergies. I see Dr. Motta on Wednesday morning - another early appointment Mommy said - and hopefully he will tell me what's going on with me! When we finally were allowed to leave the hospital (about 8:20 or so), I was exhausted. Mommy considered keeping me home from school but I told her no way! When we got to school, a little bit late, Ms. Kim said she was glad I still came. Her daughter had all this testing done a little while ago so she's prepared for any weird symptoms in case I get them today. (Dr. Lund said he thinks the only think I'll get is white poops...isn't that funny?) Anyway, I'm off to class...talk to you all later!

P.S. Family news - Well, the news is officially out to everyone and we can now formally announce that Abby's Uncle Jeff is engaged to Abby's soon-to-be Aunt Angela! Yea! Jeff surprised Ange with a holiday trip to France and on last Tues. morning, he proposed on a bridge with the Eiffel Tower behind them. Ange is such an awesome girl and we can't wait to officially welcome her into the family. And for all those that have asked, here's the bling-bling details in her own words... "The ring is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Jeff had it made, designed it himself and went overboard. It's got a center round diamond, three diamonds on each side forming a triangle shape, and then the band goes up in a ridge and there are two little rows of diamonds all around." CONGRATS again you two - we love you! Love, Barbara, Eric and Abby


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home