abby's blog

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Are we there yet?

What a long long long long long day today has been! We are beginning to wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it! Our troubles actually all started last night when Mommy came home from her business meeting. I had fallen asleep on Daddy's lap and woke up as soon as I heard his voice when he said "Hi" to Mommy. I was super-duper sleepy and did NOT want to be awake at that moment. And even though bath time is my favorite time of the day...it was NOT last night. Mommy & Daddy told me that I had a new bath tub - my very own! Well, needless to say, I was not excited. I screamed - yes, screamed (which is VERY unlike me) - for almost the entire bath. Mommy wanted my picture but even she agreed she wouldn't torture me anymore, ha! I told her she could take a picture of the new bathtub to show all of you the tragedy of it....horrible looking isn't it? (Wink, wink of sarcasm in case you missed it!) After bath time I was shivering like crazy so me and Mommy snuggled up in my big nursery gingham chair. After I warmed up and calmed down, Daddy gave me my milk and I was off to sleep...until the storm hit at 2 A.M. and the falling pecans on the back deck (which is right next to my room) sounded like gunshots. I woke up livid about all of the noise...and I let everyone in the house know. Eventually I ended up with Mommy in the guest bedroom snuggling under the big covers. By 3 A.M. I was asleep, but awake again with the thunder and lightening at 4 A.M. I thought the lightening was cool though because it lit up the room and showed me the bed's headboard which I thought was my personal play toy until 5:30 A.M. After milk, more snuggling and some extra love, I was headed for a nap in my own bed until I had to wake up for school. When me and Mommy got to the classroom, I found out Ms. Kim and Ms. Natalia were both out for the day...I had TWO substitutes. But they were sooo nice to me. Mommy checked on me once after dance class and they said I was sleeping but doing great. When she came to get me this afternoon I told her I worked on my turkey drawing and had fun with my substitutes. Mommy surprised me and said we were going to go play with Ms. Carolyn. It was so much fun but I was still so sleepy. I feel like I've been sleeping all day. Mommy thinks it's a growth spurt AND...wait for it....another new tooth! I didn't announce it yet, but I got my second tooth a couple of days ago and I'm working on my 3rd! This one's been a real pain - literally. We think it's also why I didn't like bath time last night. But have no fear - we tried it again tonight and it was WAY better. I'm getting the jist of the big bathtub...even though Mommy walked away soaking wet! Ha! While Daddy was giving me my nighttime milk, he said he thinks tonight we will all have a good "silent night" because while I was at school today, Mommy decorated our house for Christmas! I giggled because I told her we haven't even celebrated Turkey Day yet! And speaking of the month of November...the lady from the Cutest Baby Contest, Ms. Stephanie, called Mommy and congratulated me on winning one of the contest spots...I received almost 2,000 votes. I will be MISS NOVEMBER on next year's calendar. My photo shoot is set for next Monday at 9:30 A.M. They told me to bring about 4 or 5 changes of clothes and Ms. Stephanie will pick the winning shot. Mommy and Daddy will get to see the calendar about a week or two before Christmas so we'll keep you updated! OK, I'm off to bed. These new teeth either make me cranky or sleepy and right now I'm extra sleepy. Night Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home