abby's blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No more monkeys jumping on the bed

Well, today was "Doctor Day" for me and Daddy! My appointment with Dr. Mac and my favorite nurse, Ms. Laura, was this morning. Mommy had lots and lots to talk to Dr. Mac about and we've got lots of news so here goes...Weight - 20 pounds, 1 ounce (70th percentile); Height - 30.5 inches (97th percentile); since my cough is persistent and doesn't go away with my allergy or cough meds, I have an appointment for an upper GI at the hospital next Monday at 6:45 AM to rule out reflux problems; since I have possible allergies to pet dander, smoke and seasonal/farming allergies, I have an appointment next Wednesday at 7:45 AM with ENT CARE to see about getting tested and what we can do; I get to start, slowly, trying some certain table foods but still have my baby foods (I'm still on Stage 2...Dr. Mac said no need to go up to Stage 3 because they are chunkier and I can just go straight from Stage 2 to table foods); I'm still on formula until I turn ONE, then we'll try cow's milk; my eczema is cleared up thanks to the baby oil gel we are using (awesome stuff if you or your little one has skin problems); we're going to try Vaseline on my cheeks since they are chapped due to changes in weather; Dr. Mac said NO to any type of shoes - even soft soled ones (if you have a little one, talk with your doctor because it's not a rumor or legend about "no shoes until needed for walking outside"!)...hm, that's about it I think. Oh, wait! I got my flu booster shot. And Mommy told them no when they asked if I would participate in a bacterial meningitis vaccination case study. Now, I really think that's about it! I go back to Dr. Mac when I turn ONE, unless there is a problem at my other two doctor appointments next week. I'll keep you updated! After my appointment, we had to run to Mr. John's office for Mommy to meet with a client. I got to play with Ms. Kay and Ms. Kelsey - they are so fun to be with! Then we met Daddy at his doctor's appointment. Daddy doesn't want me and Mommy to fuss about him, but remember him on December 6th when he goes back to the surgery place for an outpatient procedure. They are going to have to put him under anesthesia and Mommy said last time they did that, it was f-u-n-n-y so I can't wait to see him acting goofy! Ha! OK, this girl is pooped! I'm off to take a much needed nap from all these appointments today. Tonight we are chilling out before tomorrow's big Turkey Day - Mommy's already got my lunch ready...she says it's Turkey and Sweet Potatoes, yum yum!

P.S. We think it's still a secret but we want to tell the family's newest happy couple congratulations on their engagement! Yea! Congrats...or should we say félicitations? As soon as we can say more, we'll fill everyone in!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home